no lie they are here right now

by gringojj 45 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

murdered.
    That was a good choice of word for her to use....

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Survival Into a New Earth chap. 12 pp. 96-97 Identified for Destruction or Survival?
    15 All who want to be marked as having God’s approval must accept the instruction that Jehovah is providing through that “slave” class and become true worshipers of Jehovah. They must not be persons who honor Jehovah with their mouths but who really love the world’s ways. (Isaiah 29:13, 14; 1 John 2:15) They must love Jehovah and his standards and feel grieved at heart, “sighing and groaning,” over teachings and practices that dishonor him. No one will put a literal ink mark on their forehead. But when they have the symbolic mark it will be obvious to all that, as dedicated, baptized Christians, they have put on the “new personality” described at Ephesians 4:24. They have a living faith. Publicly and privately they endeavor to do what will honor Jehovah. Not only persons who have come out of Christendom but all, regardless of background, who hope to survive into the “new earth” as associates of the anointed class must have this mark.
    16 Particularly significant is the fact that Jehovah’s executioners were told that age, sex, singleness or marriage relationship was no reason to spare an offender against Jehovah. A married person must individually have his or her mark in order to be spared. If parents resist having their children marked or if they fail to bring them up as servants of Jehovah, they must bear the responsibility for what happens to those children. Although obedient children of godly parents are viewed as “holy” by Jehovah, rebellious ones are not. (1 Corinthians 7:14; Psalm 102:28; Proverbs 20:11; 30:17) If children are old enough to become baptized Christians but do not want to live up to the requirements, whether they are baptized or not, their age will not result in their being spared. How vital, then, for each individual of responsible age to be clearly marked as a person dedicated to God and doing his will!

Says it all, don't it? Reason I got baptized so young. These two paragraphs scared me silly.

Respectfully
    OldSoul

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

DO

YOU HAVE THE MARK?

It would be a serious mistake to conclude that if a person tries to lead a "good" life and if he shuns religions that are doing things clearly condemned in God’s Word, nothing more is required of him. All who hope to survive into the "new earth" must also be unmistakably identified as worshipers of Jehovah. (Revelation 14:6, 7; Psalm 37:34; Joel 2:32) This message is conveyed in a vision given to the prophet Ezekiel before Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 B.C.E.

Ezekiel heard Jehovah summon those appointed to bring unfaithful Jerusalem and its inhabitants to ruin. He saw six men armed with weapons for smashing, and there was also one man clothed in linen, with a secretary’s inkhorn at his hips. First to this linen-clad man Jehovah said: "Pass through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and you must put a mark on the foreheads of the men that are sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done in the midst of it." Then to the six others he said: "Pass through the city after him and strike. Let not your eye feel sorry, and do not feel any compassion. Old man, young man and virgin and little child and women you should kill off—to a ruination. But to any man upon whom there is the mark do not go near, and from my sanctuary you should start." Ezekiel saw in vision the destruction that followed—so extensive that it seemed that all Israel still in the land was being brought to ruin. (Ezekiel 9:1-11) What was the key to survival? It was the mark placed on one’s forehead by the man with the secretary’s inkhorn.

Only persons "sighing and groaning over all the detestable things" being done in Jerusalem were marked for survival. What were those "detestable things"? Five are listed: (1) A "symbol of jealousy" at the entrance to the inner court of Jehovah’s temple. Whatever form it took, this object was being given devotion that the Israelites owed to Jehovah. (1 Kings 14:22-24) (2) Wall carvings of creeping things and of beasts, before which incense was being offered right in the temple enclosure. (3) Women weeping over the death of the god Tammuz, which was another name for Nimrod, that rebel against Jehovah. (Genesis 10:9) (4) Men displaying outrageous disrespect by turning their backs to Jehovah’s temple and bowing to the sun. (Deuteronomy 4:15-19) (5) As a final indignity, people filling the land with violence as well as holding out a "shoot," possibly a sex symbol, to Jehovah’s nose. Can you appreciate why Jehovah was disgusted with them?—Ezekiel 8:5-17.

How do you personally react to the modern-day practices of Christendom that are comparable to these "detestable things"? (1) In many of her churches are images before which people bow in worship, although the Bible warns against doing so. (1 Corinthians 10:14; compare 2 Kings 17:40, 41.) (2) She goes along with the trend to put the evolution of man from animals in the place of creation by God; also she shares in displaying fervent devotion before representations of animals and birds used as national symbols. (3) In her worship she features the cross, which from antiquity was a religious symbol of Tammuz, and she joins in ceremonies to mourn those who have died in blood-spilling wars that reflect the spirit of Nimrod. (But see John 17:16, 17.) (4) She turns her back on what God says through his Word and, instead, chooses the "enlightenment" offered by modern science and human philosophy. (1 Timothy 6:20, 21; compare Jeremiah 2:13.) (5) As if that were not enough, she endorses revolution in certain places and she takes an indulgent view of sexual immorality, while professing to speak in the name of God. (2 Peter 2:1, 2) Some people view these trends as liberal. They may not agree with all of them, but they may share in others or at least condone them. How do you feel about such God-dishonoring practices that turn people away from mankind’s Creator?

Many people are disillusioned with the churches and no longer attend. They may also be greatly disturbed about the violence and dishonesty in the world. But that does not necessarily mean that they are marked for survival. They must be marked by the ‘man with the secretary’s inkhorn.’ The facts show that "the faithful and discreet slave" class is doing that marking work today.—Matthew 24:45-47.

All who want to be marked as having God’s approval must accept the instruction that Jehovah is providing through that "slave" class and become true worshipers of Jehovah. They must not be persons who honor Jehovah with their mouths but who really love the world’s ways. (Isaiah 29:13, 14; 1 John 2:15) They must love Jehovah and his standards and feel grieved at heart, "sighing and groaning," over teachings and practices that dishonor him. No one will put a literal ink mark on their forehead. But when they have the symbolic mark it will be obvious to all that, as dedicated, baptized Christians, they have put on the "new personality" described at Ephesians 4:24. They have a living faith. Publicly and privately they endeavor to do what will honor Jehovah. Not only persons who have come out of Christendom but all, regardless of background, who hope to survive into the "new earth" as associates of the anointed class must have this mark.

Particularly significant is the fact that Jehovah’s executioners were told that age, sex, singleness or marriage relationship was no reason to spare an offender against Jehovah. A married person must individually have his or her mark in order to be spared. If parents resist having their children marked or if they fail to bring them up as servants of Jehovah, they must bear the responsibility for what happens to those children. Although obedient children of godly parents are viewed as "holy" by Jehovah, rebellious ones are not. (1 Corinthians 7:14; Psalm 102:28; Proverbs 20:11; 30:17) If children are old enough to become baptized Christians but do not want to live up to the requirements, whether they are baptized or not, their age will not result in their being spared. How vital, then, for each individual of responsible age to be clearly marked as a person dedicated to God and doing his will!

Jehovah has shown great compassion for mankind by sending his witnesses to warn them of impending destruction and to point the way to safety. But he well knows the record of false religion and the rotten fruitage that it has produced. When Babylon the Great is destroyed, no compassion will be shown for any who insist on clinging to it. To survive the coming execution of divine judgment, we must walk in the footsteps of Jesus Christ as true worshipers of Jehovah, the Creator of heaven and earth.

Survival Into a New Earth Chapter 12 Pages 92-97 1984

So, while they state that not all witnesses will survive, they also clearly state that non-witnesses are absolutely doomed. How can they deny that? This should be the defining book for witnesses on the matter - Look at the title.

Jeff

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    Then she came back and said not every baptised jw is going to the new system, and not every non-jw will be murdered.
    That's a load of sh*t! There was a debate going on between 2 congo's and it ended by saying No NON JW's will be there! I think the scripture they used was 1 Peter 3:21 and others!

It says it flat out in the Live Forever book. Only JW's - I'll try to find the page, but maybe someone else has it in mind.

• Es
    Es

heheheh too funny

well done

es

• gringojj
    gringojj

I cant wait for the return visit I am taking them on hard core. It will give me immense pleasure watching them squirm some more. At least they cant say they have to take a lunch and promise to answer my questions or say thier shift is over and they will answer them tommorow. Its all coming out at the next visit.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    DO YOU HAVE THE MARK?

It would be a serious mistake to conclude that if a person tries to lead a "good" life and if he shuns religions that are doing things clearly condemned in God’s Word, nothing more is required of him. All who hope to survive into the "new earth" must also be unmistakably identified as worshipers of Jehovah. (Revelation 14:6, 7)

The WTS's statement above is correct. Their problem, though, is that they fail to understand that the time hasn't yet arrived when a "test" will be imposed upon all people's which will unmistakably prove who each person looks to as the supreme sovereign in their lives. The 8th King hasn't arrived yet, but when it does peoples will be put under compulsion to look to it as the highest authority there is. Those ones who foolishly look up to the 8th King will figuratively receive a "mark" (666) on their forehead (which means they are worshipers of the 8th King). Those ones who wisely refuse to look up to the 8th King will figuratively have YHWH written on their foreheads (which means they are worshipers of God). Of course the 8th King will "make war" upon those not having 666 on thier foreheads, by not allowing them to participate in the buying and selling process--which inevitably would mean thier elimination.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

This is great reading...Say, Gring, what is your wife's status? Last I knew she was questioning, but still hanging on??

and...is there a new baby? I miss a lot, so fill me in.

AuntieJ

• Dawn
    Dawn
    Legolas she said jehovah will judge people on thier heart condition.

When they come back - you might like pointing out to them that according to their own bible Jehovah will not be judging. They will of course argue with you - so show them John 5:26-27 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man. Once again they throw Jesus out of the picture.

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

hmmm, they don't come to my door. It's been 15 yrs. since a jw has knocked at my home. Must have scared them them good with my big biker bf. Interesting thing is, I have since lived in 4 different locations. Dad and brother are elders, they must wisely see fit not to forward my info. Point being, good little jws are not hard to discourage or simply scare off your doorstep, that is, if you really want to... So, I ask, why even have a conversation with a devoted jw? Each individual will find their own way out if they so desire or are slapped in the face with the false reasoning the org promotes. We are all in charge of our lives, some choose to give that charge to others. It all comes back to taking responsibility. I was raised jw, yes, that fact screwed my young life up. I missed out on much. But now, I live life to the fullest and that is my right. No one else is living my life but me. So, who the h#ll is anyone to tell me what I should have "faith" in? Faith is an unfounded belief. I choose, life, and enjoy it to the fullest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit