by weinermcgee 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

born into it.

baptized at 15.

regular pioneered from school.

married at 20.

getting divorced now (29)

trying to get reinstated for family but i dont really want to totally killing me going to the meetings but i cant bear the thought of hurting my family! but i want to escape!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Great-grandmother convert to jwism when my mother was 4

Mother grew up in the lie but I dont know when she was baptised.

Mother married Dad in 1962 but Dad didnt get baptised as a jw until 3 years later, close to when I was born. Neither one of my parents are what you would consider as a jw to be spiritually strong. Dad only goes to conventions and the memorial, is not a regular hall attender, never goes to the bookstudy or out in field service but he still believes. Mom is always trying to get strong in the truth but never seems to be able to keep it up for long.

Close to the time of my parents marriage, Dad's closest younger sister in age becomes a jw, sometime later my Aunt's husband converts - not sure when. This leads to a few of my father's siblings converting. Dad's parents didnt convert til much later - my grandmother did when I was 19 and Grandpa got baptised a few years later (my sister quiped that he only did it to cover his bases before he kicked the bucket). At this moment these are the uncles and aunts who are currently jws: Aunts - Theresa, Darlene, Annette, and Beverly. My uncles: Jackie (elder), Johnny, Edward, Jonathan (elder). Some of my cousins are in but a lot have left.

On my mom's side, her aunt and some of her children are jws and a couple of distant cousins - one of whom is an elder.

None of my siblings are jws. We never got baptised and have no plans of doing so within the jw org.

Josie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Mom started to study when I was 4 - she was baptized when I was 5, and was never really active, but taught us the 'Truth' at home.

Had a fairly non-witness childhood [sans the birthdays, holidays, ect.] Always considered myself a witness at heart.

Pioneer came by when I was 15 - started a study with me.

I was baptized at 17, regular pioneered as soon as I could - I was on 'fire' with the 'Truth'.

Had a share in 'converting' about 10 people to the witness faith - my deepest regret of all. Only 3 remain 'in' or alive today.

Married wifey at just short of 19 - best thing I ever did in my entire life.

Raised a [now-df'd] daughter in the 'Truth'

Began to have little doubts a few years back, especially about the tremendous lack of love and the extreme judgmentalism.

Began to have big doubts 3 years ago.

Read Franz's books and never went back at the age of 48.

Rebuilding in progress now.

Jeff

• ballistic
    ballistic
    but i want to escape!!

You are not trying to escape from the religion because your mind is already free.

You need to ask yourself what you are trying to escape from.

• evita
    evita

My mom started studying when I was 14
    I was baptized at 15.
    Auxiliary pioneered off and on while in H.S.
    Started to feel very trapped at 16.
    After graduating from H.S. decided I wanted to go to college. Was told NO.
    Worked and faked it for a few years until I could move out.
    Left at 22 and faded. Had one phone call from the elders and I refused to meet with them.
    That was over 20 years ago. Unfortunately, my mom stayed a devoted dub and we had a very hard and painful relationship until she died last year.
    Now I have no real connection to the borg except that it never seems to go away.
    Eva

• calico
    calico

Parents studied when I was 10.

Baptized at 14.

Married at 19.

Would like to be divorced.

Fading..........

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Converted to JW's at 22 after a few years of aimless post-High School drifting. I was most attracted by the Armageddon™ and No Part of the World™ aspects.

Around 2000-2001 I got really burnt out on the whole business of JWism, and I quit going to meetings in the fall of 2001 after being Reproved™ and having my Privileges™ taken away. Found this board a few months later, realized that JWism was a steaming pile of religious fecal matter like all fundyism is, and promptly sent a DA letter..

Greatest wish: marrying a woman with supermodel looks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit