Tattoo you?

by mrsjones5 35 Replies latest jw friends

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I just counted my tatts, five.

All have meaning for me, as they are signposts of change in my life and attitude.

Painful?

Depends where. I had my chest done in Thailand with a bamboo needle and the guy rubbed in the ink with a rag. 5 or 6 hrs

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I don't have any tattoos but a lot of my friends do. I did hear an interesting tidbit on the radio just a few days ago. If a woman gets a tattoo on the small of her back (and a lot of women have them there), there is a really good chance that she will not be able to have an epidural while delivering a baby because the tattoo might cause contamination. I don't know how valid this statement was, but you ladies out there might want to find out if you are thinking about having babies one day.

Thanks for the concern but I for one have enough youngins (4 little darlings) and almost 2 years ago I had my tubes tied. Yeeha!!

Here's some info on epiduals and tattoos

Tattoos and EpiduralsI was interested in getting my first tattoo, but I heard that if I get one on my lower back an epidural cannot be performed if I have a child later in life. Is this true?

A friend of mine had a baby and she had a tattoo on her lower back and she wanted an epidural and they wouldn't give it to her because they thought the ink would interfere. I don't know much about it myself, but I wanted to learn more about it before I get a tattoo.

I wanted one on my upper back, would this lead to the same problem? I just wanted to know before I got one, so I won't be at a loss later, thanks

I decided to forward that e-mail along to Dr. Charles Moser and get a bone fide medical opinion. He practices Primary Care, General Internal Medicine and Sexual Medicine in San Francisco and is the author of Health Care Without Shame.

Here is Dr. Moser’s reply:

“I know of no absolute contraindication to a lower back tattoo and epidurals. If the tattoo was new, there were still scabs, inflammation, or signs of infection, then the physicians would be correct to refrain from placing an epidural. Clearly you want to avoid getting anything into the spinal column, ink, bacteria, etc. Once a tattoo has healed, this should not be a problem.“

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art34718.asp

Josie

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I've got one. It's a Native American fish design similar to the Pisces astrological symbol. It’s on my right shoulder and about 2.5 inches in diameter (that’s 6.3 cm for you metric users).

I’ve often considered getting more and I’ve even designed several concepts that I would use but I have a hard time justifying spending the money on them when I have three young ones to feed and clothe.

• knot4me
    knot4me

I got one on my ankle(a sunflower) when I was still a dub. I covered it with a bandaid and said I cut myself shaving when anyone asked. I also have a band with my initials around my upper arm. I don't think they hurt but I have a high pain tolerance. I think I'll get my nose pierced for my next birthday. Anyone have any piercings?

• Henry
    Henry

I have two. One on my right shoulder, it's a basketball with my late brother's initials and his birth and death years. The other is on my shoulder blade. It's the MasterCard emblem with my daughter's name. Beneath it's it say's "Since 2002-Priceless". That's the year she was born. I'm going to get more, seems they're contagious. They didn't hurt that badly but the one on my shoulder blade hurt a little more.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

TATTOOED LOVE BOYS

THE MID TWENTY JOYS AROUND A HEART THAT'S BLACK AND BLUE
    TATTOOED LOVE BOYS
    I TORE MY KNEES UP GETTING TO YOU
    'CAUSE I NEEDED
    TO FIND OUT WHAT THE THING WAS FOR
    BEEN READING
    BUT MAN THE TIME CAME TO EXPLORE

I WENT APEWIRE 'CAUSE I THOUGHT
    LIKE I'D LIKE IT LITTLE TEASE
    BUT I DIDN'T MEAN IT
    BUT YOU MESS WITH THE GOODS DOLL, HONEY YOU GOTTA PAY, YEAH

A GOOD TIME WAS GUARANTEED FOR ONE AND ALL
    THE TATTOOS DID TARGET PRACTICE IN THE HALL
    WHILE WAITING FOR THEIR NUMBER TO GET CALLED OUT
    I, I, I, I FOUND OUT WHAT THE WAIT WAS ABOUT

I WAS A GOOD TIME, YEAH, I GOT PRETTY GOOD
    AT CHANGING TYRES UPSTAIRS BRO
    I SHOT MY MOUTH OFF AND YOU SHOWED ME WHAT THAT HOLE WAS FOR

NOW I SEE YOU
    ALL IMPRESSED AND HALF UNDRESSED
    YOU GOT PAINT STICK ALL OVER THE SCARS AND LUMPS AND BUMPS
    TATTOOED LOVE BOYS
    HAVE GOT YOU WHERE I USED TO LAY
    WELL HA HA TOO BAD, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY
    "STOP SNIVELLIN', YOU'RE GONNA MAKE SOME PLASTIC SURGEON A RICH MAN"

OH, BUT THE PRESTIGE AND THE GLORY
    ANOTHER HUMAN INTEREST STORY
    YOU ARE THAT

by local gal made it good Chrissy Hynde and the Pretenders

• Cady
    Cady

I got my tattoo about a year and a half ago and I love it!! At first it just felt like someone firmly scratching my skin, but after awhile it did start to feel pretty raw and hurt. Mine had a lot of color though and took about 2 hours, which I think is kind of awhile for such a relatively small one. The other thing is it's on my right shoulder blade, which is ideal for me: I can show it or hide it depending on the occasion. I also don't see it myself all the time so I don't really get tired of it.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Yes! Got one after racking up a truck at very high speed, drunk and stoned. It is on my right arm that was sewed back up and 5 bones mended - it says " 4 EVER" - where the scars and pain exists. Love the green and red lettering every day and night, before I decide to drink and not drive.

• Es
    Es

Yeah i have one on my lower back, i thought it hurt like hell and mine only took 5 mins so i dont know how i would cope getting a bigger one.....i would rather give birth again

es

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I have a small tattoo on my lower back - 3 sq inches or so? - a Japanese kanji symbol that means "Born Again". Although I am a BA Christian, it had nothing to do with that. I got it during a time in my life where I felt like I'd been given a second chance. It is black outlined with shades of blue and aqua and white. It took about 15 minutes and cost about $100. I LOVE my tattoo - but warning - they ARE addictive! I've wanted another one ever since, but I can't seem to find the right design.

I think I'll get my nose pierced for my next birthday. Anyone have any piercings?

I got my nose pierced early this summer for my birthday. Tiny little diamond stud on the left nostril. Love that too! No regrets. After a navel piercing about 14 years ago that tooks YEARS to heal, my nostril piercing is already healed. I was pretty surprised.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit