Tattoo you?

by mrsjones5 35 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

OK, I've been watching the show "Inked" on A&E and I think it's a really cool show about tattoo artists in Las Vegas. And lately I've been thinking about getting a tattoo somewhere on my body, possiblely my lower back. My sister has one there and I think it's really cool. So anyway, hubby and I are planning to go to Vegas in February for the Magic show (Big Fashion/Retail blow-out show) and I'm thinking of getting the tattoo then. Does anyone else on the board have a tattoo? And does it really hurt?

Josie

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i have one on my hip. just a little thing, but i'm planning on getting an entire back piece done someday.

the pain varies from person to person. they say that females tend to do better b/c of our high pain threshold. it also depends on where you get it on your body. the less fat that is there, the more it will hurt. mine was similar to someone scratching the same area over and over again. it's basically a controlled abrasion. mine was more uncomfortable than painful. little twinge here and there. my back piece will hurt like a muther effer i know...getting tattooed anywhere near your spinal area is kinda painful from what i here. they could have just been sissies though.

there's a wonderful rush after though that i can't describe. from all the endorphins i guess.

post pics and show us what you get!!!

luv, jojo

• xjwms
    xjwms

I am getting a tattoo

Of a beautiful womans face............

On my wifes face.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I have lots of fairly large, very elaborate tattoos. And yes, of course it hurts. Hurts soooooooooo good, that is. I love it so much. I cannot wait for my next session in the chair. It can become extremely addictive. There is something very mystical about the whole process that I crave. I like the buzz of the gun, the endorphin rush, even the smell of the disinfectant spray and the ointment. There's just something about sitting there with needles pounding ink into your flesh, listening to some hard-driving rawk. Hooooo weeeeee I'm gettin all excited just thinking about it!!!!

I encourage everyone who wants a tat to get one. It is a life changing experience. Beware though, you may become a junky like me.

The aftercare is the most important part. Keep it lubricated for the first ten days with a light coat of A & D lotion.(yes, that's the diaper rash stuff) works really good. Dont let it dry out and keep it clean.

• kid-A
    kid-A

I like tattoos, and I have seen some really cool ones on my friends but what will always stop me is, I just cant imagine not eventually getting sick of it, whatever tattoo I chose. The removal surgery usually leaves a nasty scar. I'm just too indecisive!! LOL

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

BTW, Miami Ink on TLC is a much better show IMO than Inked. Inked focuses mainly on drama, while Miami Ink actually shows people working on tattoos.

• Ellie
    Ellie

I'd really love to get a tattoo but I'm just too much of a chicken, I'm scared of going to get one and it hurting too much and then changing my mind halfway through so that I only end up with half.

My partner has 3 and he says they don't hurt but I think hes just saying that, and my best friend has a really tiny cute one on her toe, its a lady bird and its so nice, its a good place to have one because it can be easily hidden and even on display it doesn't look too much.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

I want a tattoo - badly - but have so many allergies I'm afraid to. Allergies can show up years afterward and I just know I'll be one of the few who has a reaction.

A great resource (some graphic photos/stories): www.bmezine.com

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

I have struggled with the idea of a tattoo.I am guessing from the brainwashing from being JW. Putting something on my body.. my beautiful body that god gave me.. why mark it up. On the other hand.. I REALLY WANT ONE. I have wanted one for a while. Something to do with wolves.. morphing.. night sky. Haven't decided yet.

I like Miami Ink show too.

• frozen one
    frozen one

I don't have any tattoos but a lot of my friends do. I did hear an interesting tidbit on the radio just a few days ago. If a woman gets a tattoo on the small of her back (and a lot of women have them there), there is a really good chance that she will not be able to have an epidural while delivering a baby because the tattoo might cause contamination. I don't know how valid this statement was, but you ladies out there might want to find out if you are thinking about having babies one day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit