worldly, ex dub or current dub?

by pratt1 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• pratt1
    pratt1

For those of you in a serious relationship, is your partner "worldly", an ex dub, or a current dub?

My wife is an ex dub like me.

It certainly helps that she understands why I am the way I am, and the actions of her in - laws.

What about you?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have a nice sexy "worldly" man. I dated a couple of ex-jws but they were worst off mentally than me and I couldnt deal with that. One of my ex-jw boyfriends even introduced me to my husband. Best thing he ever did for me.

• kid-A
    kid-A

A "worldly" wife, my soul-mate and the love of my life!! As I have always believed, even though there are advantages to being with somebody who has shared your experiences in life, it also means double the emotional baggage and worse, double the number of still active JW relatives you have to deal with, further complicating your lives and the lives of any potential children you want to keep as far away from the borg as possible !!!!

• thom
    thom

I'm dating a worldly girl. She really knows nothing about JW's and I don't bother her with it. But I find it funny sometimes that she thinks I know absolutely nothing about the Bible or religion based on the fact that I don't go to church.
    She's Methodist and goes to church just for occasions (Easter, Christmas, stuff like that). She doesn't realize how much I do know about the bible, probably much more than her, but we just don't discuss religion much at all.

• riotgirlpeeps
    riotgirlpeeps

My boy is "worldly", and I love how he's the first man I've been involved with that understands respect etc. Occasionally we talk about witness doctrine but its only to help him better understand my history.

-Riot

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

My Husband is an Ex JW ( fadder), like me. Although we both really could have done without the stress and confussion of leaving a cult, I think it was an experience that has brought us closer together....I don't know what I would do if I didn't have somoeone who could relate to the emotions I am going through.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

My wife was raised as a Catholic. However, she doesn't attend church and knows very little about the bible. I think she gets a little jealous of the time that I spend on this board.

• knot4me
    knot4me

My husband was an atheiest when I met him, which was perfect for me because I knew he would never be dragging me to church. We just recently started attending a church and he is no longer an atheiest. We are perfectly matched and neither of us push our beliefs on the other.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Ex Dub who comes from a divorced family that has one side current dub and one "worldly"... Just like mine.

• Tez
    Tez

My man is 'worldly'! but he knows more about loving, cherishing and protecting than anyone else I have ever met!!! I could never want for anyone better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit