worldly, ex dub or current dub?

by pratt1 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• doffy
    doffy

My hubby is 'worldly'. And as has been said, that's better in one way, as it means we have his family for support. He is very supportive of me too, as he has seen for himself the poop my parents have put me through.

• tfsm
    tfsm

My wife studied with the witnesses off and on both before and after we got together. She (wisely) never let it go any further than that. I always told her that if that is what she wanted I wouldn't stand in her way but thankfully, she decided it wasn't for her.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I dated a worldy girl for a year and then after I broke up with her I started dating a 'wordly' boy. I would refuse to date a current dub and I cant imagine dating an ex dub. If my partner doesnt understand me, I explain it. And it gives me a uniqueness of experience that we can both laugh about, not a bitterness to dwell on.

• findingmyway
    findingmyway

By JW terms, my boyfriend is worldly. However, he considers himself a non-JW christian.

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

My husband of 5 years was born worldly. As he matured in age he became...uh more worldly.

Best thing to ever happen to me since I got the boot!

Only disadvantage to that is he does not really understand how the life as a JW affected me. Especially , the shunning of family & friends, totally foreign concept to him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit