JW split in Romania

by PopeOfEruke 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
    blondie
    On May 2, 1992, in one of the corners of the world, kept for a long period of time under the Serpent’s heel, took the place the first Congress of the True Jehovah’s Witnesses from Ukraine, Moldavia, Russia, Czechoslovakia, Hungaria and Romania.

1879--1929 Superior authorities--secular governments

1929--1962 Superior authorities--God and Jesus

1962--Superior authorities--secular governments. Since light advances, this group saw a return to old light as evidence of corruption of the headquarters.

In 1962, appeared the review "Subjection to "Superior Authorities"-Why?” which cleared up that Romans 13:1-7 referred to the political ruler who would protect Jehovah’s Witnesses from the Armageddon’s disaster and supported this with teachings from Russell’s time – 1884. These explanations didn't take in consideration the light period given by Jehovah. They ignored totally the gradual truth revealed to the house of faith. There could be mentioned many teachings that clear up Romans 13:1-7 but I think it is enough to mention the reviews: "Active Support of The True Faith" – 1948, "Give the Lord what He deserves", "Theocratic Authorities", "A Freed Mind for Goodly Combat” from 1950-1952", "This Means Everlasting Life", "Make Sure of All Things" etc. They established the fact as long as we admitted the political rulers as being the High Powers from Romans 13, we got dirty with the Devil's religion. Only with this truth, that Jehovah and Jesus are the High Powers, Jehovah’s Witnesses broke the fetters of the slavery where they had been kept to serve the interests of the earthly authorities. The Watchtower "High Powers", had given to the Christians, since 1928-1929, a clear truth and a part of the spiritual weapon with which they destroyed the religious story about the High Powers. And, if all these were made so that we could be enlightened, it would be unwise to incline again under slavery. (Galatians 5:1).
    Between 1962-1963, it was made a change in the Society. What did Jehovah’s Witnesses have to do, being convinced that the contradictory things didn't come from Jehovah? The Watchtower "Be Friends All Those Who Love Jehovah", part 2, debates precisely the aspect described in 1 Kings 13:1-24 where the old prophet, living the man of God, said to eat and drink as he was told by God, too. This is the activity of the liar prophets. But Paul says that, even if an angel came from heaven to change the truth, this would have to be anathema.
    The review "A Mind Freed for Godly Combat" draws us the attention in the last paragraphs in what concerns the organization's deifying, the tendency of serving the organization but not Jehovah. Today, this Society is getting worth. It cannot represent Jehovah, as long as facts like these are being done. Do we really have to be afraid in discovering the untruth? Is it fit for us to take the good for the bad and the bad for the good only because this was published by Watchtower? Is it fit for us to stay in this new-formed organization which changed the foundation we were used to? Will we remain silent when seeing that a compromise is being completed, knowing very well that something like that is not allowed to the Christians? What had Johnadab done when Jehu had taken him to be his help? Do we really want, “other sheep”, to help the meeting of “the true faithful servants” in the discovery of the untruth?

http://the-true-jw.oltenia.ro/index.html

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

this is fascinating reading.... and im sure one thats kept quiet from the rank-and-file.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I think there are about 10,000 Romanian True Faith JWs. They've been dubbed Rutherfordites, and have had a web presence for at least 7 years. It's hard to know how many Bible Students (wrongly called "Russellites") exist but they're at least 10,000 as well and the internet has helped them contact each other and reestablish a sense of community (but still no central authority).

Just a note to clarify a previous post: the JWs are technically an offshoot of the Bible Students, not the other way around. Along his presidency, Rutherford lost some 75% of Russell's followers, or Bible Students, and he, Franz and Knorr built the preaching and publishing evangelistic empire that recruited new members, especially Jonadabs, to eventually outnumber their competetion. CT Russell was not the founder of JWism by any means, other than he 'put the hose on hellfire' and began the date-setting and type/antitype junk, which JWs have slowly abandoned in the last 30 years.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

the JWs are technically an offshoot of the Bible Students

that's right of course. i don't make much effort on being all too correct about the issue anymore.

JWs have another version though. russel's their founder (locked away though, almost noone knows his teachings bout pyramids et al) and the "russelites" who were actually following the person CTR instead of JG/JC/WTS broke away from the truth.

• Pole
    Pole

It's funny to observe how cults claim unique exclusiveness, by using the concept of "trueness".

Fundamental christians call themselves the True Religion. Jehovah's Witnesses call themselves the True Christians. The Romanian brothers call themselves the True Jehovah's Witnesses. What's next? "The True Reformed Jehovah's Witnesses"?

Pole

• minimus
    minimus

JWs are known as "The Christian Congregation". .... I never understood why anyone would want to be a Bible Student, Rutherfordite or JW.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

JWs are known as "The Christian Congregation".

not really. that's only one of their trademarks. JW's are known as the "bible students" here about.. or "the jehovers". somehow people just can't remember the name "jehovah's witnesses". flawed marketing?

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Hehe... I like that... "flawed marketing." Yes indeed, people refer to JWs as "Jehovahs" or variations thereof all the time. Which, really, is a testament to two things: One, flawed marketing, i.e. the Watchtower hasn't impressed their name well enough on people's minds, and Two, that contemporary peoples are too lazy or just plain too dumb to remember a multisyllabic name like Jehovah's Witnesses.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

In my experience, living in three states of the USA, I find we are more often called "the Watchtowers" than we are "Jehovah's Witnesses." The second most common is "the Jehovahs," as in plural gods.

I think both of those are more correct than "the Christian Congregation."

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• minimus
    minimus

The Christian Congregation is one of the corporate names of the Society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit