JW split in Romania

by PopeOfEruke 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Does anyone have the factual information concerning the JW's in Romania?

I believe there were many Witnesses serving under ban in Romania for years and years while the Communists were in power. Then in 1989 when the country revolted against Ceausescu and Communism was overthrown, the ban on the Witnesses was lifted and they could now worship freely.

BUT ... within months something happened. The Romanian witnesses had a fight with Brooklyn over something, and then they announced that they would split from Brooklyn who they claimed had turned Apostate, and now they have set up their own separate brand of JW-ism.

Does it go something like that? What caused the fight with Brooklyn HQ? Whats happpening with the split-off JW's in Romania now?

Pope

• JH
    JH

I remember reading something about this on the net some time ago. I also would like to know more about this.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I s'pose they're called "the evil slave"?

I can't recall either and it'd be interesting if someone could give us the link or just the news.

• JH
    JH

I googled the subject and they talk about this at the bottom of the page

http://www.biblestudents.net/history/daughters_tower.htm

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I heard that from Ray Franz a couple of weeks ago.

From what I gathered most Romanian JWs lived for years on old Rutherford literature and when they eventually got in touch with Brooklyn they were overwhelmed by too many "new lights" (don't know exactly on which main issues). Many of them rejected the "update". Apparently both groups are about equally sectarian. Edit: here they are: http://the-true-jw.oltenia.ro/

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

From JH's link: (for those too lazy to scroll through it all!)

When the Curtain fell in Europe, the Society was eager to see what was left of the Romanian Jehovah's Witnesses. They were quite disappointed. Because of the loss of communication from the war, the Bible Students had adopted the name "Jehovah's witnesses", but were still reading and studying Russell's writings and discarding the current literature from the Society. When the Society came in, they were dumbfounded at what they saw. Bible Students going under the name "Jehovah's witnesses".

What the Watchtower also found in the Romania/Poland area were up to 30,000 Rutherfordites. Jehovah's Witnesses, who were not comfortable with the changing doctrines and organizational structure of the Society since the death of J.F. Rutherford. They study nothing but Rutherford's writings, as "the greatest Bible Expositor in the world."

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Very interesting link, Nark.

Look, they have a choir!!!!! Goodness, they must actually like their "Kingdom Songs"!

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Here's the Resolution from their first convention in 1992. They call Brooklyn the "false Jehovahs Witnesses" They certainly have got that right!!!

If anyone from the True-Faith Jehovahs Witnesses reads this site, we'd love to hear from you and your experiences.

Pope

"GIRDLE YOURSELF AND TELL THE TRUTH!"

CLUJ-NAPOCA, 1992 MAY 2
    RESOLUTION
    We, "The True Faith Jehovah's Witnesses", together with the delegations participating on May 2, 1992, in the city of Cluj Napoca, Romania, in the Congress titled "GIRDLE YOURSELF AND TELL THE TRUTH", cognizant of real facts and relying on the Biblical teachings, of the situation of Jehovah's Witnesses throughout the world, declare our position publicly and openly as follows:
    1. The True Jehovah's Witnesses have always struggled for truth and justice.
    2. The enemies of Jehovah headed by Satan work to compromise the true believers and faithful of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    3. In conformity with Biblical prophecies in the period when the judgment of God takes place, the Devil has devised an imitation of the true faithful and is striving today to mislead and deceive the elect (II Thessalonians 2:9-12; Matthew 24:24).
    4. The spurious and his lawless working is identified with the actual work of Watchtower Society of Brooklyn, New York, USA, which has fallen prey to a political-religious conspiracy.
    5. This stand of ours is based on the fact that this society no longer observes the basic principles of faith, laid down once and for all by the coming of our Lord to the temple and, under the name of ever stronger light, they reverted to religious darkness that displeases Jehovah (II Peter 2:20-22).
    6. Being compromised, Watchtower Society has tried to sweeten the cutting message of the truth expressed starting 1922, to be to the liking of Satan's minions, acknowledging them as Authorities appointed by Jehovah (Romans 13:1-7; Tit 3:1; I Peter 2:12-17; I Timothy 2:1, 2 ). Adjusting to religious principles, Watchtower lays stress on developing character, keeping abreast with the modern world and "Moderately" practicing - according to them - everything that the world and the demons offer them.
    7. Self-styling themselves "true religion", these false Jehovah's Witnesses hurry to carry out the working of Satan that has wanted to change pure worship into formal worship in order to draw as many people as possible and to change the true faith of Jehovah's Witnesses into a new religion (Romans 1:21-25; Galatians 1:6-14).
    8. Jehovah does not approve of such a religious organization and of this work carried out in the world, for having been discovered in II Thessalonians 2:7, 8 as a work of evil to be finally destroyed in the Armageddon (Matthew 7:20-23).
    9. Nonetheless, Jehovah shall justify His name on the eve of the Armageddon through a minority of faithful servants as He did in all times (Luke 17:26-30 ; Jeremiah 15:17 ; 42:2 ; 44:28, etc. ).
    10. Consequently, we are not a religion, and we strive hard to discard all religious teachings and traditions of any kind while we continue to urge nations to (observe), above all, the Laws and Word of God (Isaiah 8:20; The Acts 20:20).

Appeal
    As a result of this resolution unanimously adopted by the present assembly numbering over 3000 persons we all want to launch an appeal to the whole, to all those that agree with us and who, wherever they may be, strive to preserve uncompromised and unstained the true faith as laid down by Juda, 3, and at the same time make the truth and light shine by this last warning sent to humankind, now before the end of the world.

• JH
    JH

Is this Old light VS New light Organizations

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Yeah, the big issue seems to be the "superior authorities"... (mentioned in virtually all "resolutions").

Quite understandable after decades of keeping the hard-line Rutherfordian stance under persecution -- exegetically wrong, but who cares?

I can just imagine how "worldly" we may sound to them.

Very sadly funny.

Edit: http://the-true-jw.oltenia.ro/faith.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit