JW split in Romania

by PopeOfEruke 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Thanks for the links. I always wondered about this. I first read about this on a JW message board but the poster did not elaborate on why they spilt. Basically he was posting about how some Romanian "apostates" were causing some trouble on the net and was laughing about the fact that the Romanian Bible Students considered JW's apostates.

• luna2
    luna2

Isn't that interesting! Guess Jehoba didn't think the Romanian group was worth protecting and keeping up to date with current light. Gee, wonder why Brooklyn never said much of anything about this. Guess they didn't think this was something we'd care to know about.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    They call Brooklyn the "false Jehovahs Witnesses" They certainly have got that right!!!

Yes, it's fascinating, isn't it?

Don't forget though that, technically (according to WT dogma), the present-day inheritors of the WTS are the apostates; their forbears were the ones with Rutherford who usurped their position of power, kicking out the legally appointed directors of the WTS. So on that count, the present-day "faithful and discreetr slave" class (wise servant) is actually the "evil slave"!

• freedom96
    freedom96

Very interesting indeed.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

What I find tragic is how badly persecuted the Witnesses were in Romania during the Communist years. Possibly the worst out of all the Iron Curtain countries.

Then as soon as they are free Brooklyn says "You're not good enough" and then dumps them. Terrible really.

Pope

• Mulan
    Mulan

We had some Romanian escapees in our congregation. They were very liberal, to say the least. It took a few years, but they shaped right up. They had a picture on the wall in their apartment, of the whole family in front of a Christmas tree. They were clueless that we didn't do that.

They also were surprised by the "new light" on alternative service. They had been doing that for years. One of them commented about that, at the WT study, when we considered that article. She said in Romania they had been working in the mines, instead of accepting military service for years. It wasn't new over there, she said. **stunned silence**

We learned there are at least two "factions" of JW's in Romania. One is stuck in the past, and the other is newer and current, probably due to missionaries.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    We learned there are at least two "factions" of JW's in Romania. One is stuck in the past, and the other is newer and current, probably due to missionaries.

Aren't there Russelites here in the US which are basicly a split from the JW's in the early 30's or so? My son's girlfriend's grandmother is a Russelite and she attends a convention every year like the JW's assemblies. They are very much stricter almost to the point of being Quaker's although they do celebrate the Holiday's if I remember right.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Yeah, bikerchic, but the Proclaimers book said such factions just die out "eventually." They probably used to say "very soon." Then it became "soon now..." And now we have "eventually." Of course, that book was released 12 years ago. Maybe they have finally given up on the idea of these factions going away.

The funniest thing is they don't even see that they are ridiculing themselves and making a mockery of the word "truth."

OldSoul

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

This group is still active and they have no problem giving the info free

http://www.biblestudents.net/history/

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    The funniest thing is they don't even see that they are ridiculing themselves and making a mockery of the word "truth."

LOL Old Soul, I guess it depends on what your understanding of the word "truth" is. There is alway your truth, my truth and some other truth........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit