You had BETTER pioneer when you get out of high school

by Bonnie_Clyde 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

We weren't at the circuit assembly this weekend but a friend told us the circuit overseer made this very strong comment. Didn't even say anything about learning a trade.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes - because Armageddon is just around the corner

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute
    Yes - because Armageddon is just around the corner

actually, according to the "higher ups", we have already passed that corner and armageddon is RIGHT THERE! YOU CAN SEE IT!

bethel

• luna2
    luna2

Sheesh, now they are making it a command. So what happens if you don't, eh? Some goons from the KH gonna come and beat you up? Maybe they'll start disfellowshipping highschool grads who don't intend to pioneer? ...or maybe it's just a lot of hot air and posturing, as usual.

• JW83
    JW83

This makes me sick.

• Soledad
    Soledad

Oh really? I thought this was 2005 not 1974

This is for that CO:

• blondie
    blondie

It will be ignored by 95% of JWs. Without a date like 1975, 1984, or 1994, no JW parent or teenager will give much credence to this (unless the dad is bucking for privileges). In my era, most young brothers pioneered to escape the draft during the Vietnam war. Now if the draft was activated again for the war on terrorism, more young male JWs may see pioneering as more attractive. Young female JWs pioneer to attract a mate; so many young brothers say "I will only marry a pioneer," and the competition is rough.

Not every non-JW family can afford to send their children to college so I can see that as an issue for JW parents.

The key is to go to college, live at home, and pioneer at the same time. I've seen it done around here for years by many JWs.

Blondie

• JW83
    JW83

Young female JWs pioneer to attract a mate

I didn't - and I didn't go to college either, I actually believed it all

• steve2
    steve2

Well there's a damn good reason for stayin' in high school, don't you think?

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

"We have passed that corner - now Armegeddon is so close that we can see it!"

I can recall an elder make a very similar statement in a public talk back in 1991, just after the outbreak of the First Gulf War.

Shall we award him a Bachelor of Stupidity - together with that Circuit Overseer under discussion?

Jack.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit