You had BETTER pioneer when you get out of high school

by Bonnie_Clyde 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

Due to fathers bucking for "privileges" they WILL sacrifice their children for the Watchtower false god.

• steve2
    steve2
    Its not considered gossip just discussions. At least thats what its called by one pioneer elder in my hall.

This reminds me of an old saying I once heard which goes something like this: "When I do it, it's an expression of concern, but when others do it, it's just gossiping". The impetus to pioneer is primarily self-serving - and there's nothing wrong with that. It's just that the Watchtower elevates the pursuit of pioneering and seldom, if ever, acknowledges the secondary gains that people expect from pioneering.

• JW83
    JW83

Blondie, that wasn't my experience at all. All of the sisters I knew that pioneered were genuine in wanting to do the right thing. Maybe it was just an Aussie phenomenon, but it was bloody hard work pioneering while only working part-time, and being single, maybe living in a share house with other pioneers. I can't recall any of those sisters marrying 'up' and I think it is a bit of an insult to say that they lived that way to find a mate! Most of my friends were intelligent and if they were going to be Witnesses, they would be damn good Witnesses! Fortunately a lot of them have now seen the error of their ways!

fyi, I have completed my degree & am hopefully embarking on PhD next year. Definitely not a shallow bimbo on the hunt for a husband!

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch
    I can't recall any of those sisters marrying 'up' and I think it is a bit of an insult to say that they lived that way to find a mate! Most of my friends were intelligent and if they were going to be Witnesses, they would be damn good Witnesses!

There are even a few exceptions here in Canada. My sister is one. She is definitely not pioneering to find a hubby, or to make herself feel more special, or to gain more status in the congregation. She genuinely is doing it because she wants to give her best to God. And she does this with a language disability. If only she would give all that energy to a cause that actually helped people! She'd surely put my cold blooded self to shame.

Due to fathers bucking for "privileges" they WILL sacrifice their children for the Watchtower false god.

I can vouch for that. It had to do with school systems and it was questioned by a new member of the elder body. Sort of a long story, but my pop was torn between us and his position as ministerial servant. He asked us to comply so that he could keep it. Even if that would have messed us up scholastically.

• blondie
    blondie
    I can't recall any of those sisters marrying 'up' and I think it is a bit of an insult to say that they lived that way to find a mate!

It was different around here and later when I moved out east. There were many sisters who moved from California, Minnesota, Florida, etc., to live and pioneer near Bethel where the percentage of single brothers was higher than their home territory. Others would tour Bethel 2 or 3 times a year, or make contacts through friends/family at Bethel to find a husband.

Marrying up was not necessarily the goal, to find a husband in the JW world was the goal. The thing was that the competition was stiff and many brothers figured that if a sister was pioneering that her spirituality was stronger than a sister who wasn't. I knew brothers who wouldn't even date a sister if she wasn't pioneering.

I'm sure that the sisters foremost reason was good but it also made them a better candidate for marriage in a world with many single sisters and few single brothers.

As I said, I wasn't pioneering to find a husband, but was accused of it many times or told that because I was I would be more likely to attract a spiritual husband. The sister who wanted to marry a CO ended up marrying a "weak" brother who doesn't even attend meetings now.

I have no doubt that in the areas I have lived, that single sisters are told that if they want to marry, that they will more likely attract a mate if they are pioneering. I have seen many a sister who did just that, got her man, and quit pioneering and gained 50 pounds. A elder in one large metropolitan area had a photo album of couples pre-marriage and after marriage. All gained weight and had stopped pioneering.

I don't begrudge those sisters making sure that their spiritual assets (per the WTS) were the best possible.

Love, Blondie

• JW83
    JW83

It was very different here. I can't think of many at all who pioneered actually getting married. Maybe it is because Aussie dub guys are very laidback and don't really rate 'spirituality' as a marriagable asset! *ducks for cover from Aussie un-laidback guy*

The most likely sisters to marry here: tradeswomen (I kid you not) and teenagers (under 18).

A guy moved to our cong, he a recent convert, regular pioneer, ministerial servant, so all the cong & girls were just crazy about him. He ended up marrying a just-turned 18yo he'd known since she was about 12. We were all very disappointed ...

I just realised that I can't think of a single marriage in my area that was stereotypical 'spiritual' guy & 'spiritual' girl! Maybe all the sisters here should move to the US!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Blondie, that wasn't my experience at all. All of the sisters I knew that pioneered were genuine in wanting to do the right thing. Maybe it was just an Aussie phenomenon,

Roger that this is true!

I go back born JW 1957 to a special pioneering clan all the way,they and most of the bros and sis that i knew were wholed souled and just a pleasure to be around.

It was still lies and death that they were selling,they themselves are now ALL DEAD.

My last point of "know" return Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses Rockland Massachuetts was cruel shocking sleaze all the time.They must have had their own powerful demon in control.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Interestingly enough, although it hasn't always been true, I hear complaints around here that there aren't enough marriageable sisters. Actually, a lot of the young girls are leaving the "truth."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit