You had BETTER pioneer when you get out of high school

by Bonnie_Clyde 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

JW83, of course, not every JW sister didn't pioneer to get a mate, I didn't either but was accused of it often. But I do know that a high percentage of young JW brothers and their parents encouraged them to look for a fine spiritual sister = regular pioneer. I would say about 55% of my contemporary sisters did and was very similar to sisters looking for Bethel brothers or MS/elders to marry. One sister even set her sights on marrying a CO.

The point I was hoping to make is that pioneering for spiritual reasons was not often the goal of many regular pioneers.

Regular pioneering usually limits the association with people on the job too and theoretically puts you in the company of "spiritual" people. Actually, my pioneer years afforded me a closer look at the gossiping, back-stabbing ways of so-called mature JWs in the congregation just like my closer association with Bethel was eye-opening.

This admonition to pioneer is aimed at the parents of these young JWs, many who were of my generation and missed out on further education and are paying for it now, who never saw the promised END in 1975 or in 1984 or 1994, seeing the end of the 1914 generation.

But I have seen and continue to see parents (including elders/MS) do an end run around this "admonition" from the WTS including their dupes, the COs/DOs. They have their children live at home and go to a local college, they have them select a major that doesn't require sciences that might advance evolution or philosophy. They make sure their children make most of the meetings (except for finals) and many even regular or regular auxiliary pioneer. It helps if the father is not a JW because as head of the house, WT policy makes it his right to "order" the child to go to college.

It may be though that your parents will cave under. I suggest then that you work with your guidance counselor and take the initiative to plan for grants, scholarships, and loans to get you through school. Many non-JWs have little or no financial support from their parents. You may even qualify for more not using your parents financial status. Of course, they may threaten to kick you out; plan for that too, is there a non-JW relative that will support you in your choice.

And if you weren't able to make your own way, it is never too late to go back to school. There are still monies out there for older, returning students. Most colleges/universities have a department dedicated to that or a tech school may have guidance counselors for taking college transfer courses and financial resources.

Blondie

• metatron
    metatron

One of the side effects of this sort of demand will be more fake pioneers putting in more fake hours in a fake work

that they have little or no desire to be involved with. In recent years, more elders are shocked to encounter pioneers

that fornicate in their spare time and lead double lives. They shouldn't be surprized.

metatron

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The more things change in dub land the more they stay the same.Some catch-phrases i have heard going back 40 years

Teenagers observe the "13 year plan" 12 years of school and one year of pioneering THEN get married.

Don't wanna pioneer teenagers-"girls married at 16 boys at 18" or they leave da troof

Desperate hard up regular pioneer sister aka "service bag" (and brother) sez's-"I don't want to get married,i want to stay single and serve jehovah pioneering"

------------

Door to door sucked and the only reason i did it was not to be found blood guilty.Danny

• steve2
    steve2
    In recent years, more elders are shocked to encounter pioneers

that fornicate in their spare time and lead double lives.

In their spare time? I'd be more impressed if they illicitly led double lives during the actual kingdom preaching work itself.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Maybe they're trying to rebuild that "sense of urgency" that seems to be lacking since they no longer have a date to live by.And just like Blondie said,this will be ignored by 95% of teenagers and next year it will be a new talk to attempt to motivate the younger ones.

Goldminer

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Blondie said:

"The key is to go to college, live at home, and pioneer at the same time. I've seen it done around here for years by many JWs."

I love that concept; like college is not enough of a challenge, or a good pursuit by itself. I know that is not your feeling, Blondie, but it makes me very crabby when I hear it.

Why would any parent want to put that on their kid? Let him focus on school and work if he or she has to.

It is such a cowardly concession to the Congo Cops to make your kid pioneer while in school.

P

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    Yes - because Armageddon is just around the corner

It's just a really long corner!

• steve2
    steve2

In contrast to this, I know of many young people, to all appearances still in good standing with the local congregation, who have jobs in which they have to work weekends. My non-JW sister, for example, works in a major pharmacy with long hours of work, especially over the weekends. The pharmacy has several JW staff who work those long hours and who don't seem bothered by the lack of door to door work. There seems to be a convenient acceptance that these young JWs cannot engage in the door to door ministry during the weekend and some even miss out on meetings as well due to work demands. "Back in my day, that would have been unheard of," says steve, muttering to himself about all the work-related sacrifices he had to make....

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    Actually, my pioneer years afforded me a closer look at the gossiping, back-stabbing ways of so-called mature JWs in the congregation just like my closer association with Bethel was eye-opening.

This is so true many pioneers spend the day driving around "talking" about others in the cong. Its not considered gossip just discussions. At least thats what its called by one pioneer elder in my hall. Umm... no dumbass it is gossip. It just annoys me how many people pretend to be so spiritual and live in their parents basement and pioneer and go to college.. in my opinion pioneering and especially bethel is used by many JWs to escape reality (not having to provide for themselves fully). Their JW parents are more than happy to fund them if they go to bethel to make them look good. Such a joke.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Carrying on in the car group / a dventures in the field service ; Sexual harrasment,sanctified by {S+M} 'sacred service'.OR Consecrated gossip. The elder known as the "stupid" elder, Asked me;..." Have YOU BEEN OUT WITH THE SISTERS YET"??? Hmmmmm,I wonder what that's suppose to mean??? Actually,my first take was that it's a sexual connotation of some sort..... I should have known something was up when getting out to the parking lot the 'sisters' where perched and hovered, like birds of prey. The first thing they let me know,is," sisters rule, brothers drool ".This is followed up by,'the obnoxious sister who acts like a teenager [man eater slut] Letting me know she is on her period so, I can calculate when her 'horny' day will be. Think about it?....If you behaved this way in the 'worldly' workplace you would be FIRED!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit