mediator?

by Momofmany 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• vitty
    vitty

I read in a WT, that Jehovah is our GRANDFATHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Mary
    Mary
    I can't leave my god. I can't leave Jehovah. No matter what, I love him. If this is wrong, I just wont believe that one teaching.

That's the major problem with most Dubs. They view Jehovah and the WTB&TS as one and the same. They think if they leave the Organization, it's the same as turning your back on Jehovah. It's not. Doesn't the bible say that God doesn't dwell in man made temples? How sad that she can see that they're not teaching the truth yet she refuses to leave because of the mind programming that goes on.

• TD
    TD

Eduardo,

...It simply is just a matter of using a term that does have different meanings in different situations.

That's the crux of the problem. The Watchtower has explicitly argued that the Bible does not use the word in a way that would or even could include "different meanings in different situations" as you put it.

If the word as it is used at 1 Ti 2:5 is applicable to more than one situation than it would have to be used in the broader generic sense. Yet that is exactly what The Watchtower has argued against. The assertion is that the word is only used in a narrow esoteric sense.

The JW's cannot have their cake and eat it too in this instance --Not with a source language where grammar is everything.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

JAMESTHOMAS said:

Heathen, yes, i understand your beliefs, and thank you for your reply; however, I might as well be speaking Mandingo as to enter into a Christian thread and refer to an infinite and unlimited God. Reminds me of what a fool I can often be.

Then don't comment on these kinds of threads. It only muddies the waters.

The fact that JWs are so far removed from the bible is often more than enough to get people to reconsider their beliefs - or at least to get people to recognize how badly they are being manipulated.

With my wife this was the case. And because she now questions everything she is also critically examining the bible, and she has seemed to accept that the bible is nothing like the all-powerful sacred book the JWs make it out to be.

I apologize if my comments sound harsh, but I do tire of the atheists and others making snide posts and then skipping away implying that people who think otherwise are complete retards.

Not all atheists etc on this board are like the example I described BTW ... some on here are considerate of other's beliefs.

-ithinkisee

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    Then don't comment on these kinds of threads. It only muddies the waters.

Actually, if you understood what was being said, you would realize that the water is already muddy, and my original comment was to get to the root of the problem and clarify. My main message is, is that what the word G-o-d points to is infinitely more, and closer, than our diminutive beliefs allow. Sadly, Christians are usually the most offended by this. Yet, we never know how open a persons mind is who reads these threads, do we.

That said, your comment reinforces my own statement regarding my foolishness and I understand.

j

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Ah ... fuggedaboutit .... my post was a little more mean-spirited than I meant it to be ...

it's all good ...

-ithinkisee

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

TD....As I pointed out last night, the big thing is that they cite the same SCRIPTURE in support of these two different positions, and then say that only one of these positions is correct and the other is wrong....yet they keep citing the same scripture in support of that other position. It's not simply a matter of the word "mediator" meaning one thing when discussing one subject, and another thing when discussing another subject. It's that they interpret the same scripture in very different ways, and contradict themselves by saying only one of these two applications is correct. Makes me think of Orwellian doublethink....holding two mutually contradictory concepts as truth at the same time.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

James:
    You're right.

The irony IMHO is that most Christians would agree that God is supposed to be Omnipresent

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

ithinkisee, please know that your post was valid and made sense, and there was no offense taken by what you said, nor do I feel you posted mean-spiritedly. If some people get a little heated by my posts, I see that as a good thing....at least they're reading them.

Ross, always nice to see your melodious presence here.

j

• Momofmany
    Momofmany
    I read in a WT, that Jehovah is our GRANDFATHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How could that be? I thought he was our father, and the WTS was our mother. If he's our grandfather, who is our father that we are to pray to? (not joking exactly. never got the mother part, but I'm bull headed.) But I really don't get how anyone could figure grandfather, unless it was adam was our father, and god was his father, making him grandfather, but it still doesn't make sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit