mediator?

by Momofmany 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

momofmany,

Leolaia's quote is from Worldwide Security Under the Prince of Peace (ws)

OldSoul

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

Old Soul, thank you.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    I think the problem is in the use of the language.

That's not the half of it.

The problem is accepting diminutive ideas of God. The problem is believing the Bible. The problem is believing that God is so small and limited as to need a mediator. The problem is believing that what the word G-o-d points to is but a tiny fragment and somehow separate and apart from being and existence. The problem is, we have eyes and can not see.

j

• heathen
    heathen

Gee and I'm reading there in jeremiah 31

Why? Because these spiritual Israelites are the "holy nation" of which we read in Jeremiah 31:35, 36, right after God’s promise of the new covenant.

I don't think it's talking about the spiritual Israel but about the ancient nation of Israel because if you read later in verse 37 that is what he is talking about .

BTW --- haven't you noticed that you are rejecting the covenant every year at the memorial by not eating and drinking ? I don't get how a J-dub could claim ignorance .

JT--- God needed mediator because it is only through the shed blood of jesus christ that we can redeem ourselves . It took a perfect man to cancel out the sin of adam thus freeing all worshippers from the animal sacrifices of ancient Israel . IMO

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Nevertheless, in a preliminary way, the great crowd have already "washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." (Revelation 7:14) Christ does not act as Mediator of the new covenant toward them, yet they benefit from this covenant through the work of God’s Kingdom. To all, This Watchtower doctrine is reason enough to run, not walk away from the Watchtower organization and cease being Watchtower witnesses. It clearly demonstrates that the Watchtower does not know who this great crowd is, where they came from or what this Kingdom is all about. Now you can see that they have never declared it’s good news as they claim. Visible now is the proof that they do not know how this Kingdom will be administered of why. Why witness for someone that does not know who will be in such a Kingdom, where it will located or how they will get there? And if anyone thinks that our Lord will take such Watchtower lies lightly or that you can somehow shift the blame for your words on this subject to them, well then guess again. Mt 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. After all who is the disciple? The Watchtower or you? Joseph

• Mary
    Mary

Even though I was a life-long Dub, I only discovered this bizarre teaching about 3 years ago during one of the CO's visit. He made the comment that "some have left the Truth, because they could not accept that Jesus was not their mediator.." I hadn't really been paying attention to anything he was saying up until that sentence. I almost said out loud "..WTF??" I was absolutely stunned and asked an elder afterwards if I had heard this right. He assured me I had. I was too dumbfounded to speak for a minute but then said to the elder "....doesn't the bible say that Jesus is the mediator between God and men?" He either couldn't explain it or couldn't be bothered and suggested I do some research on my own which I did. I was thorougly disgusted when I realized that the Governing Body was trying yet another trick to elevate themselves higher and squash everyone else down even lower.

There's absolutely nothing in the bible to indicate that Jesus isn't the mediator for all mankind. Like everything else, the Governing Body has twisted the bible's words to suit their own trash.

• Mrs Ozzie
    Mrs Ozzie

From one 'mum of many' to another momofmany....hi!

I just had to reply to your post as this is the most important false teaching the WT has (in my book).

When I first started on my 'search' I just couldn't believe what I read in the society's mags about Jesus not being my mediator.

After much reading (mainly Paul's letters in NT) I knew something was very wrong. From this teaching it is so easy to see how the teaching of the separation of the 144000 and the other sheep is also a false teaching. Jesus is the mediator for all christians (one sheepfold..christian Jews/christian gentiles ) "Jesus Christ, who died -more than that, who is raised to life- is at the right hand of God and is interceding for us." - Rom 8:34

I was so upset when I realised how I had believed such wrong teaching I was physically ill. The quotes other posters have used are excellent so I don't have to add more.

It still makes me feel very angry.

Suffice to say this is a most important turning point...it leads to a complete turn-around in understanding doctrine.

"Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ" Eph.4:15

Perhaps you might like to do what I did...just read Romans..get another Bible translation then read Paul's letters and I think you will find everything starts to make sense, it's like a jigsaw puzzle. Pray for a right understanding. I didn't talk to anybody, just read. It took 6 months to start coming up out of the gloom.

So, from one mum to another: " may the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." - 2 Cor 13:14

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I just don't know where to start. I went to the ws book, and showed her where it said, Jesus is the mediator for only 144,000, and not all mankind. She said, that must be some mistake, they can't teach that. And then my mom cried. She said, I wont leave Jehovah, I wont. They must have made a mistake.

So now she is writing to Bethel to get them to tell her if this is true. She said, forget the elders, I'm going to the top. But then she said, will it really matter. I can't leave my god. I can't leave Jehovah. No matter what, I love him. If this is wrong, I just wont believe that one teaching.

I hated seeing her cry. She's my mom. I hate seeing anyone cry to be honest. I still have hope, one day she'll come to terms that the wts isn't god. The two are not the same.

I just cannot thank you all enough.

Mrs. Ozzie, you're right, I need a new translation. I still use my old bible.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Momofmany, this is the time to comfort your mom with scriptures that Jehovah still loves her, in or out of the organization. You have broken through a major barrier, and she is feeling shaky.

I comforted my hubby with the Beatitudes, Matthew 5. It helped.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Oh! ((((momofmany)))) I don't whether to smile for you or bawl my eyes out for her! It so wonderful that you get to see her frank, open sincerity of heart, but so heartbreaking to empathize with her sense of loss and confusion.

It wil work out for the best in the end. I second what jgnat said, she will need lots of reinforcement that this organization has been standing between her and God, that she won't have any problem keeping that relationship good and even improving it, now that she knows.

Joyously,
    OldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit