So, are you, by nature, and introvert or extrovert?

by onacruse 45 Replies latest jw friends

• caligirl
    caligirl

Hi Ona -

Re-reading my post, I guess it does sound like the test was totally responsible for the epiphany. My error in trying to post a relatively short answer (for me).

My mother is totally an introvert, so I grew up trying to "model" what she is, thinking that I was supposed to fit some kind of mold. That particular shoe didn't fit me very well though.

To answer your question, I realized before the test that I felt energized from being around people and that I had to stop pretending to be something I was not. The test was part of one of my college classes, not something I sought out on it's own- though it was helpful in may ways.

• atypical
    atypical

I am definitely an introvert. On my first day of school, I wanted to cry, die, and run all at the same time. I have never liked groups, and I have always shied away from attention. On the other hand, because of my upbringing, I can make conversation with anybody, literally. I can keep up the charade for an unlimited amount of time, after which I will go home and need a very long time by myself to recover. I have noticed this has gotten worse lately, I have had less tolerance for social formalities. On the other hand, I can spend the evening with one of my longtime friends (they are no longer part of the borg) and not need to recover. I think the expectation aspect of socializing has clouded my outlook on people.

I'll add it to my list.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Extrovert with self reflection

• inquirer
    inquirer

@mrsjones5

You an introvert!? No flaming way! The way you talk on this board I definetly pick up an introverted person!
    Wow! The internet is a bit deceving!
    Actually, I still don't believe it.

• inquirer
    inquirer

I am surprised of how many introverts there are on this board!
    I don't know whether to believe it! -- The avatars are very dishonest! :) lol

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm an extrovert, but I do have those moods when I feel like staying to myself and being quiet and introspective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit