Why Fundyism is Irrational

by jgnat 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Bebu,

Did I say something funny? Oh you mean something I said on some other thread or something... Maybe that one about "sin" pictures... ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (whisper) it appears to be working CYP

• garybuss
  • Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

So Jgnat, has your ideas been refined such that you have achieved six sigma status on your idea testing process?

Have you removed all non-value added steps?

Have you done a gage r-r?

• jgnat
    jgnat

aaak, you got me nut. I'm not even green belt.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

JGnat,

I just got my yellow. If you read my truth study, it was cooked up during the gage r&r segment. There is so much time that I will just never get back.

I think my ploy worked. It appears we can speak freely now that... well someone doesn't appear to need to be so irritating anymore.

It is an idea I wondered about in theory. The idea is that when someone is being obnoxious, you simply try to determine what their true motivation is. Then you appear very overtly, but just a notch below sarcastic, to give them that which they are seeking. In that way, they are satisfied and move on to new subjects (not people to them) they can use to satisfy their hidden desires.

I thought it might work.

CYP

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Being irrational is required in our human condition - rational thinking isn't always the best. Even 'rational' people can find some of life's greatest answers / fulfillment when they are filled with passion, intuition, ecstacy (the non-chewable kind;), siritual enlightenment , sorrow, hope and faith.

1 Corinthians 1:17 - 24

7 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
    18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
    19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
    20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
    21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
    22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
    23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
    24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Drawings are pretty cool though:)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Um, ah, I see what you mean, C_Y_P. Uh, keep up the good work.

<---- hastily googles "gage r r"

Qcmbr, I don't have a problem with faith, but I do get upset when people try and intermix it with "rational" thought. The image that comes to mind is clay intermixed with iron. Not a stable mix.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Shining One,

When you read a newpaper, magazine or any book that is supposedly factual you use one of the methods employed to interpret scripture. I suppose now you will argue that that is 'disingenuous'?

No. Interpretting what one reads is not disingenuous at all, but it is extremely subjective. If one says that such interpretation fits the criteria of analysis per the rules of the Scientific Method, and then purports to prove such a ridiculous assertion, I would call that disingenuous.

Don't you think it is odd that so many here answer your questions although you answer so few of ours? I do. I find that very odd indeed. Insulting even.

OldSoul

• Shining One
    Shining One

Old Soul,
    You have not paid any attention to my posts. You don't have the foggiest idea what I am talking about.
    Rex

• jgnat
    jgnat

Fog calling the cloud black. Substance, Rex. I wait for substance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit