Why naturalism is irrational

by Shining One 369 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

How can anyone not get that Science doesn't ask: "Is there a God?" Science will probably never ask that. Science can't even begin to establish empirical proof of the existence of an extra-dimensional or spiritual being that can impact us physically, but does not tell us exactly when to test for His presence.

OldSoul

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Origins ask the question, "How did any of this get here?" God is widely admitted possible answer to that question.

Naturalism asks a different question, "How did all this diversity get here?" God is a possible answer, but for the most part there are answers to this question that are provable and can be explained by genetic trial and error. Sometimes steps taken backwards have produced results more fitting for a later environment in the long run.

OldSoul

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Origins ask the question, "How did any of this get here?" God is widely admitted possible answer to that question.

Naturalism asks a different question, "How did all this diversity get here?" God is a possible answer, but for the most part there are answers to this question that are provable and can be explained by genetic trial and error. Sometimes steps taken backwards have produced results more fitting for a later environment in the long run.

OldSoul

• chrissy
    chrissy
    Yes, I do know that can be applied in my case but then I have that assurance that goes back to the moment that I cried out to God to show me, "What is truth?". He did so and in such a unmistakable way that I knew that Jesus Christ is God, He is my lord and savior and it is in His rest and assurance that I reside! Praise God.

What was that? I mean, what was this unmistakable act that jesus executed to assure you so convincingly?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

oldsoul,

with regards the god question of origins, although it is impossible to prove, i freely admit, it is more parsimonious and economic to think that most likely god did not cause origins, and that he does not exist. i will wait here until further evidence is forthcoming. if it's out there, we'll find it someday, even if it resides in another dimension. in unfalsifiable situations, should you go with the simple or the complex probabilities?

rex,

shinningone = rex

rex=1432576

dumbass=9485763

therefore, 1432576=9485763

ts

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Shining One:

What evidence do you have to prove the existence of a soul?

If something exists it can be measured and tested with repeatable results. That is why I do not think the supernatural exists. No God, no Devil, no Angels, no Demons, no Spirit, no Soul. Just the physical universe around us. Humans are flesh and blood with no magical etherial parts.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

ts,

in unfalsifiable situations, should you go with the simple or the complex probabilities?

In application of the Scientific Method to the examination of physical reality, the simple. As you know, I don't believe it lends itself to the investigation of all reality and under other methods of perceiving reality it is simpler to accept that God(s) does exist and is the origin of the universe. Doesn't speak at all to the nature or God(s), but one learns through experience, eh?

OldSoul

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Robert K. Stock:

Imagine I put you in a room with walls painted white but with black ceilings and floors, then I hand you a sheet of paper with a method of determination on it that limits you to an investigation of ceilings and floors AND ONLY ceilings and floors.

Imagine I bring someone else into the room and hand them a sheet of paper with a method of determination that does not limit their investigation to ceilings and floors.

If I ask you both, "According to the method you are using, what color are the walls?" How would you each answer and why?

This is an allegorical logic problem.

OldSoul

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi Chrissy,
    The 'act' was His coming to me in ways that assured my faith and in the realization that He is God. I intially discovered the deity of Christ when I was trying to disprove it. All prayers have been answered very clearly: yes, no or not now. It is not 'blind faith' and has never been. Reasoning has always been involved.
    Rex

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

But, rex, you must be able to see that you cannot impart that realization to anyone else. It always comes from the same source that it came to you from. You cannot educate someone into having faith in God. You certainly can't FORCE or INTIMIDATE someone into having faith, anymore than you can make someone pray.

I hope you see,
    OldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit