The world the JW's detest...

by TD 23 Replies latest jw friends

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

Yeah i used to crack up at this too, plus the rote answers you usd to get when you questioned it "oh it will all be provided for you" I used to watch the Time Machine film as a child and wonder, We are the Eloi, rasied as cattle, blissfully unaware! Im sure the Morlochs will have their quota's to fill. How naive are people to continue to lap this shit up! Faith, what a wasted pursuit!

• luna2
    luna2

I used to hate handing out tracts or brochures with those dumb cartoons on them. I couldn't pinpoint exactly what bothered me about them (or I didn't want to think too deeply about it at the time), but know I felt stupid talking to adults about this magical Land of Jah that we so fervantly believed in. The pictures were simplistic and childish....and I didn't find that a virtue as some other dubs did. It was embarrassing, like we were spaced out Moonies or something. "Look. Look at the pretty pictures. Wouldn't you want to live in a place like that?"

Even if all that crap (the homes, the bumper crops of watermelon, corn and squash, the happy people wandering around in colorful native dress about to eat a picnic lunch of raw fruits and vegitables) could come to pass, even if it was possible to have electricity in those remote mountain homes or gas for the tractors or fabric to make the clothes or tamed large preditors who apparently ate straw and green beans, it wasn't any sort of place I wanted to live. It looked like a commune with people thrown together by committee. I used to get a trapped feeling. I personally had no desire to live in a boarding house or kibbutz for untold number of years, slaving away as a farm laborer with a mindless smile affixed to my face. Hrm, maybe that's why everybody looks so happy. Maybe Jah gives the drones a lobotomy. Eloi indeed.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

My Dad was once looking at one of the pictures featuring a huge, multiracial picnic. He noticed the bowls holding the food the characters were carrying and laughed, saying, "There's going to be Tupperware in the New System?" Oh, and don't forget all the perms and jheri curls for us black sisters! I can't tell you how many sisters I used to associate with who wondered if being perfect in the new system meant we'd get "good hair".

• joelbear
    joelbear

Adam and Eve were never depicted as having a house or even a tent.

a true return to the garden of eden, a true new beginning would include no clothes, no homes, basically a reintegration with the natural earth, eating natural grown fruits and vegetables and no meat. it would be quite a departure from what we now think of as life.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

These pictures are nothing more than tools used by the WTS to instill in the naivete' - no disrespect intended - a sense that "everything" is going to be alright if you just read this magazine . . . after all, life is hard and confusing and the WTS can make it all good while answering all your questions.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    The only difference between Witnesses talking about a Paradise and Marxist college students talking about Paradise is about three hits on the bong....

That's *******inhaling sound******* FUNNY!

exhales....

u/d(of the that's one...two to go... class)

• jstalin
    jstalin
    Adam and Eve were never depicted as having a house or even a tent.

a true return to the garden of eden, a true new beginning would include no clothes, no homes, basically a reintegration with the natural earth, eating natural grown fruits and vegetables and no meat. it would be quite a departure from what we now think of as life.

Did Adam and Eve eat? If so, they must have had to eliminate waste somehow.... did they just find a shrub and go? Did they have toilet paper? Where did they sleep? What did they sleep on? Did they sleep? Did they ever get cold or hot? What did Adam and Eve do all day? No home, no clothes, no farming, nothing to read, only each other to talk to, but neither did anything, so what did they talk about? Sounds pretty horrible to me.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

Val showed me this, its a thing to do.... you just club them over the head with it.... its a simple thing.... it is the will of Val.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I wholeheartly agree. I think about this every time I watch the show "Dirty Jobs". The whole premise of the show is to highlight dirty jobs that are done and needed to keep our civilization running. I love it.

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/dirtyjobs/splash.html

Josie

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Some friends of mine are starting a business to support them in pioneering after they marry. Guess what business?

Floor cleaning

I didn't argue. It was no use. He thinks I'm an apostate anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit