What would you have done?

by defd 90 Replies latest jw friends

• oldflame
    oldflame

def'd,

I can see that you are blinded by the society terribly, and until you can see the true light in Christ you will never have that understanding of real truth. It is sad but if you are so dead in the head then I personally think that you should run back to your kingdom hall so you can be safe since you obviously believe that that is where your security is. You put your faith in your organisation rather than in Christ. Until you relax your brainwashed mind you will never get it. I feel sorry for you and people like you because it shows that you and others like you are weak in the mind and do not put your faith in the one who deserves faith rather that you believe everything your society tells you to believe.

You have been plainly shown here and in many other post the difference in scripture and your bible which has been indeed changed to fit your doctrine, people here have been kind to you and faithful in teaching you where the societies errs are but yet you still argue. Is it that you are seeing the real truth but affraid to except because of what the society will do to you. Remember what scripture says about fear in man or God ? It says do not fear from what man can do to you, they may be able to kill the body but they cannot kill the spirit. Only God can do that, so the only piece of advice here is you need to stop being affraid of what the society can do toyou but fear the true God because he is the judge of life and death.

• Soledad
    Soledad

I think it's a real shame that the WTS puts Christ in just a "high priest" position. I think he is far more than that.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Derrick,

I checked with my wife, born and raised Catholic and she says that she worships no one other than God. She venerates saints but does not worship them, which she explained to me is an important difference.

Also, she made the same comment as others have, you have the 144,000 as mediators, she has saints that petition God in her behalf, she asks what's the difference, none that I can see.

BD

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

What would you have done back in the 1ST Century when Jesus came on the earthly stage and started Christianity. Would you have became his follower? YES How about After he left the earth and Christianity began to spread by means of the Apostles, would you have been involved in the many Congregations that were started throughout the area? YES How about the Congregation started by Paul in Corinth? YES If you answer yes to this, ask yourself as a Disciple of Jesus how would I have handled all the PROBLEMS that existed in that particular Congregation? The Bible speaks of MANY problems that existed within that Congregation. It had people problems. They were not acting as Christians. They would shun, discriminate, form clicks, allow blatent wrongdoers room freely within disrupting the peace and unity. People were backbiting, fornicating, teaching wrong doctrine and the list goes on and on. That is not the only Congregation that had people problems. Pauls letter to the Ephesians, Philippians, Hebrews and so on ALL had to be addressed for problems. What would you have done? Would you have left the Corinthian Cong. to go to the Cong. in Ephesis? DEPENDS ON WHERE GOD WANTED ME TO BE. ALL THINGS ARE NOT CAST IN STONE. They too had severe problems unique to the area they lived in? Would you have concluded that this must not be Jesus Congregation? What would you have done? PRAY AND ASK FOR GUIDANCE. hibiscusfire

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

It is sad but if you are so dead in the head then I personally think that you should run back to your kingdom hall so you can be safe

Who would you run to oldflame.

Hibie

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

She venerates saints but does not worship them, which she explained to me is an important difference

Who are saints?

Saints are people who are alive. People do not become saints in heaven.

Hibie

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Hibie,

This is more or less the definition of a saint that I was given:

In general, the term Saint refers to someone who is exceptionally virtuous and holy. It can be applied to both the living and the dead and is an acceptable term in most of the world's popular religions. The Saint is held up by the community as an example of how we all should act, and his or her life story is usually recorded for the edification of future generations.

BD

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

It can be applied to both the living and the dead

Not according to catholics. You become a saint after you die.

hibie

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

You are right Hibie, according to the Catholic church, saint with a capital S is only for those that have passed in death.

In the Roman Catholic church, the title of Saint - with a capital 'S' - refers to a person who has been formally canonized (officially recognized) by the Church. This takes place sometime after the person’s death and by this definition, never refers to a living person. Formal Canonization is a lengthy process often taking many years, even centuries. The individual is thoroughly investigated by the church and often a number of visions, miracles, or of the holiness and good deeds the person done while on earth in order to be declared a Saint. Also, by this definition there are many people in heaven who are not Saints simply because their lives were not exemplary (though they still went to heaven) and the church does not wish to uphold the individual as an example to be emulated. They are called saints (lowercase 's').

Contrary to popular belief, Saints are not worshiped - this would violate the Commandments - but they are asked for help or to pray for a person. Saints are usually considered to be specific intercessors for specific problems as well. The term Patron Saint usually defines this purpose. Once a person has been declared a Saint, the body of the Saint is considered to be holy. In past centuries, the bones of saints were distributed as holy artifacts. The ring on the finger of Catholic bishops contains the relic of a Saint. In modern times, however, there is a growing trend to show respect for the body of a Saint by leaving it alone and buried.

For Derrick, please note the first sentence in the second paragraph, this info is from the Wikpedia site.

BD

• defd
    defd

Big dog

I didnt mean to offend anyone by my statement about the Catholic Church. If you read the thread OTHER people were. They were basically saying that JWS and Catholics are much the same. So why dont you get on the individuals who said that? I was merely showing that we are NOT the same.

I am not wrong about what I said about the Catholics. I was one for YRS! I know that they KISS the feet of Statues. Thats not Idolitry? I know that they,not only use Saints and priests as a go between to God but, also PRAY to SAINTS. WE do not! We do not use the FDS as a go between when we PRAY to God. We go through Jesus and ONLY jesus, as the scriptures outline.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit