What would you have done?

by defd 90 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

What would you have done back in the 1ST Century when Jesus came on the earthly stage and started Christianity. Would you have became his follower? How about After he left the earth and Christianity began to spread by means of the Apostles, would you have been involved in the many Congregations that were started throughout the area? How about the Congregation started by Paul in Corinth? If you answer yes to this, ask yourself as a Disciple of Jesus how would I have handled all the PROBLEMS that existed in that particular Congregation? The Bible speaks of MANY problems that existed within that Congregation. It had people problems. They were not acting as Christians. They would shun, discriminate, form clicks, allow blatent wrongdoers room freely within disrupting the peace and unity. People were backbiting, fornicating, teaching wrong doctrine and the list goes on and on. That is not the only Congregation that had people problems. Pauls letter to the Ephesians, Philippians, Hebrews and so on ALL had to be addressed for problems. What would you have done? Would you have left the Corinthian Cong. to go to the Cong. in Ephesis? They too had severe problems unique to the area they lived in? Would you have concluded that this must not be Jesus Congregation? What would you have done?

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

I would likely have suffered in silence. After all, the house of Jehovah had not yet been lifted above the mountains, the nations were not yet streaming to it, the refining work was not supposedly near completion, and they did not utter false prophesy in God's name to acquire gullible converts.

Any other questions?

OldSoul

• Legolas
    Legolas

Defd what would you have done?

• JH
    JH

I would have followed Jesus up to his death, then I would have started slowing down, stop giving my time slips every month and missing a few meetings every week, and finally I would have wrote a letter to disassociate myself.

Honestly though, I would have followed modestly, like I done when I was active.

• bebu
    bebu

I would have started the pure language/truth, and separated myself from all those disgusting pretenders!!

I guess the question comes back to you, defd, why it is okay for the early church to have had so many troubles, but not thru the rest of history? Why is it okay for the JWs to be human and err (and be excused), but not orthodox Christians?

I have never seen such a set of double standards in my life as what comes out of the WTBTS.

bebu

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

This is a typical areguement from a JW standpoint, and a good one, but it leaves out the other issues. If the congregations you were talking about had the same failed predictions and changes in fundamental policy and beleifs, I would still walk, but that is not the case. The problems that exist in the Organization today are much more severe and a symptom of a greater problem.

This is something left out of that arguement, the minor problems may have existed, but according to the Bible, the foundation of the congregations (beliefs) was consistent and did not change. the Society, however, has had to correct itself on too many issues to go into here, from blood, to disfellowshipping, to the time of Christ's arrival, the Jehovahs Witnesses Organization is very inconsistent, so much so there is even a term for it.

New Light

WLG

• defd
    defd

Defd what would you have done? The same I am doing NOW. Sticking by Gods ORG. Sticking to the faithful ones in the Congregation and trying to talk some sense in the ones who are mistaken in the hall!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Am I wrong Defd....That you believe that the GB is Jehovah's mouth piece?

Well if you do, then what are you doing here amoung us bad bad people? Because they said NOT to come on these sites, now don't get me wrong I love having you here!

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I would have probably ignored Jesus as he was contradictory, confused, conflicted, and silly (nicely portrayed in The Last Temptation of Christ) and out of curiousity's sake gone and listened to Paul, and if Jesus told me "I'll tell them it's all a lie, I'm alive, I wasn't the Messiah" I'd say, "Who would believe you? Anyway, I'm glad I met you, because now I can forget all about you."

That is, providing the man/men existed.

• defd
    defd

This is something left out of that arguement, the minor problems may have exist

MINOR problems? Is INCEST minor? Is ADULTRY minor? IS TEACHING FALSE doctrine minor? I dont think so. This is no different in Gods ORG. today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit