WE GOT IT GOOD.

by stillAwitness 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• metatron
    metatron

Ah, but times are a' changing! Keep in mid that all you need are electricity, a phone line and a computer to get to the internet.

It was a long time ago but I recall ( it was here or the old H2O site) an incident in which a young man from Tasmania claimed

to be a missionary and thanked us all for our information - and left the organization.

Consider too the rumors that Gilead has a high dropout rate. Missionaries are often treated like sh*t by the Society as proven

by a lecture by Jack Redford ( deceased) called "Don't Expect Anything From Anyone" - or words to that effect.

metatron

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Devout sincere borg worker bees are treated like s**t my family always was.An attractive missionary gilead alumni assigned to central america told me she was told,"if you get seduced & "knocked up" by Don Juan down there don't come crawling back to us".

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I remember seeing a post on here somewhere, and it listed the top 10 countries in the world that had the highest percentage of internet users, and compared it to the WTS stats, and funny enough, the same 10 countries were the ones with the lowest percentage of growth. I think that's how it went anyway. Hmm ... anyway, yes. Access to technology that exposes what the WTS is teaching vs. the real deal keeps people from joining. If that technology isn't there for someone, then they have a higher chance of getting in.

Kwin

• defd
    defd

but these missionaries they probbbaly may never have the chance to find out what the WT really is about even if they wanted to. Am I right? How sad.

did you ask the speaker that?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

What a terrible assignment for missionary work! Hopefully he'll do better the next time the assignments are given.

DY

• rebel8
    rebel8
    ,"if you get seduced & "knocked up" by Don Juan down there don't come crawling back to us".

What a sweet, loving comment to say to someone about to sacrifice a personal life, health, safety, happiness, and a livelihood in service of a religion. And there's no racism evident in that comment either. (rolls eyes)

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Reminds me of the times they would describe all these horrible dangers and persecutions JWs in those country went trough and still kept strong. To then make the point that they were intently praying for us JWs over here to keep our faith in the face of temptation, material and otherwise... I had a hard time not to cringe.

• Frogleg
    Frogleg

Lilycurly,

I know what you mean. I used to sit and try to imagine what poor schlock got drug into that guy's meeting to guilt him. Probably some parapalegic from the back streets of Malawi somewhere. "And I have to roll to the meetings five times a week!"

I couldn't help but find it all humorous. After one of those talks I asked a brother if the society was wanting me to sell my car? I think he took me seriously.

I remember the talk about the sister in Africa someplace who reputedly traveled across crocidile infested waters and jungles and so on to get her spiritual nourishment and blah, blah, blah. I could only think of Sam Kennison's routine about the starving Ethiopians.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I certainly lost my faith and stopped being a witness LONG before I found this site. A brain is ALL that is required!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit