WE GOT IT GOOD.

by stillAwitness 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

We had a visiting speaker come to our hall yesterday. He was a missionary from Liberia (Whoopie) But he was talking about the danger he faces everyday just to go our in field service from rebels, gangs, the military. He lived in a hut with no electricity, no running water. We in civilized countriies are lucky. We have a world of info at out fingerprints-internet, books etc but these missionaries they probbbaly may never have the chance to find out what the WT really is about even if they wanted to. Am I right? How sad.

• lawrence
    lawrence

That's why it is critical for all others to be availed the opportunity to see a site like this before they get to Gilead. Also, let's look at the real world - where is Charles Taylor today after the genocide. "They love their own."

• Flash
    Flash

I'm convinced they parade these people around to manipulate motivate the congregations. IMO, every thing the WTS does is carefully calculated.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

in theory, a grass hut dwelling missionary could destroy his faith just by reading the bible and the WTS publications.

but the internet does help. indeed, for so many, it's a catalyst.

i HIGHLY doubt that he never gets online, even in liberia.

cheers,

ts

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wonder if this is something new they are doing... bringing in people from third world countries to guilt Americans into doing more.

I would not be a bit surprised if they made the guy pay for his own travel expenses.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

All lip service,in the my last congregation i was a loser for having mastercard/visa the cools had American express for members only i also drove a s**t box

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    I would not be a bit surprised if they made the guy pay for his own travel expenses.

We had parents of a missionary couple in our congregation in the 70's. Actually the husband was branch overseer in Malawi. Also Lagos (??).

Periodically they would be brought back to the states (not at their own expense). I was told at the time that the 'society' brought home all missionaries (every 5 or 10 years) but cannot confirm that. Missionaries do not have money to fly in themselves. I would think, at very least, family or surrounding congregations would provide plane tickets.

-Aude.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    in theory, a grass hut dwelling missionary could destroy his faith just by reading the bible and the WTS publications.

Another excellent point by Tetrapod.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Given that my faith in the WTS was destroyed by reading the bible alone, I agree with Tetra.

On another note, a Missionary once confessed to me that Gilead also trains the best apostates

• rebel8
    rebel8

It always amazes me that people believe voluntarily/unneccessarily putting themselves in danger and living under horrible conditions somewhow qualifies them for a special place in God's heart--especially in light of the little JW missionaries really accomplish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit