Scholar, please don't post and run...

by in a new york bethel minute 99 Replies latest watchtower bible

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

it is impolite.

now, could you do us all a favour and read the replies to your post in the 607 thread? there were a lot of questions raised by your comment and i think it would be a good witness if you would at least attempt to answer them. two very important ones are:

who are the "celebrated WT scholars?" what are they celebrated for and who celebrates them?

what "secular evidence" is there to prove the 607 date?

bethel minute

P.S. when did JW's started celebrating ANYTHING, let alone humans?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

This is Scholar here

who are the "celebrated WT scholars?" Freddie

what are they celebrated for making the NWT available - a truly sholarly translation

and who celebrates them? Most JWs without realizing it because they worship the organization not christ or Jehovah and it was the organization that gave us 607BCE and the scholalry NWT

what "secular evidence" is there to prove the 607 date? Well this is well documented (blah, blah, blah, ) and so you get 537BCE and then you count backwards 70 years and you get 607 BCE- SO there you go - scholarly JWs are right again

P.S. when did JW's started celebrating ANYTHING, let alone humans? Can I plead the 5th on this?

Scholar JW (BA, MA Studies in Religion) PhD in Hebrew and Aramaic and kicking Leolaias butt

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Scholar JW again in disguise

Oh and I forgot to add - that CO Jonsson guy, is not a true scholar and is wrong, wrong, wrong, and his research is not worth squat

Scholar JW MA Studies in Religion

• carla
    carla

are scholar and dfed the same person? oh, never mind, that's right, the borg and one collective mind controls all. silly me.

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

Scholar is a pretend jw....a poser. Only here to help others play a game.

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

Seymour Butts:

Scholar would have to be as you say - i.e with his tongue driven deeply into the side of his cheek as he writes his claims about WTS "celebrated scholars."

Surely!

• steve2
    steve2

You really ought to set scholar achievable goals. To expect scholar to post and stay is to expect a complete personality change and that expectation is unreasonable.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

He won`t show up, he never does when he is confronted.

I love that picture in your avatar, SeymoreButts (oh, I like your films too ). It`s the picture form the cover of the first Down-album, right?

• scholar
    scholar

in a new york bethel minute

You ask two questions:

1. Who are the celebrated WT scholars?

Answer: Their identity must remain a secret and their identity is unimportant so that their scholarship is a praise to Jehovah God.

2. Evidence for 607?

The calcuable date of 607 for the Fall of Jerusalem is based upon three direct lines of evidence each of which has biblical and secular testimony:

1. The pivotal date for the Fall of Babylon in 539 BCE

2. The Return of the Exiles in 537 by means of the decree of Cyrus

3. The period of seventy years of exile-desolation-servitude

= The Fall of Jerusalem in 607 BCE

For each of these stages there are many scriptures and secular records which confirm the above including the climax in 607 BCE

scholar JW

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Their identity must remain a secret and their identity is unimportant so that their scholarship is a praise to Jehovah God

How does that tie in with the way you've signed off your posts for as long as I can remember?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit