Do men want to get married?

by ApagaLaLuz 30 Replies latest social relationships

• Caedes
    Caedes

I would like to get married, all i'm looking for is a woman who isn't totally insane, doesn't want to shag around behind my back and doesn't have a face like a bag of chisels, surely that's not asking too much?

it is? oh well never mind, i'll have to make do with mrs palm and her five lovely daughters instead

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well, of course, this post is blatently washing all men with one brush, just as if I posted, "are all women bitches?"

The truth is, everyone is different. You cannot group an entire sex as being one way or another.

• JH
    JH

Of course I would love to get married, but the occasion never showed up.

• ballistic
    ballistic

JH - you need to get out more.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

JH, 8000 posts, enough said

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I think that, as a group, men are less thrilled with the idea of marriage than are women. Sure, some guys want to marry, just as some women have no interest in the institution. Most of my friends are guys, and they tell me stuff. My partner is a guy, and he has this idea that marriage is unneccessary to seal our commitment; then he starts moaning about how guys always get shafted in the divorce and the woman runs off with all the money. I pointed out that my mom is 3X divorced and each time, her standard of living went down as she never saw all that money divorcees supposedly get.

Sometimes I think the whole no sex before marriage rule could really work to a woman's advantage in these situations.

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

most of the men ive known have been well into commitment! i think everyone someday wants to settle down (when the paartings over) my friend tho has met a lovely guy but hes only 23 but he says he wants to marry her and all he wants is one person forever, should she believe him? i know jws get married young for obvious reasons! but do lads in the world want that so young?

Ballistic u are right you shouldnt tar everyone with the same brush!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    feminism.

Sadly, it's really kind of dead anymore though. A lot of women work, but they go home and do all the housework, cooking and childcare, too. Thank goodness Andy is very helpful with domestic chores, etc. He's a feminist, too. Very liberated. He cared for my two grandsons a lot this summer because he was out of work. He was like Mr. Mom. He wanted to get married more than me. I am gun shy after two divorces, the last marriage was to a JW for 20 years. That's enough to burn any woman, my jw ex anyway. So, for now I am not married. I'm not against it, just want it to be right when it happens again. With Andy or someone else, it would have to be right. I don't want a third divorce.

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

my new husband didn't want to get married (before he met me) because he admired his parents' (now 28 years) marriage so much, he thought he'd never be as happy as they are. we were together for 3 1/2 years before we got married, and we had our ups and downs, believe me.

every guy is different. it seems to be all about being in the right place at the right time.

• kid-A
    kid-A

I think definitely, yes. But it seems to take men a much longer time to realize that. I waited until 34, when I finally met the woman I had been waiting for all my life. I think its generally true that men are about 10 years less mature then their age, hence, my wife is 24 !! LOL.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit