Do men want to get married?

by ApagaLaLuz 30 Replies latest social relationships

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Do men still believe in the sanctity of marriage? Or is teh saying "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free" really true. Call me cynical, I guess just because I've had so many guy friends. Seems to me like most men are commitment phobic and don't want/believe in finding that one person who just clicks with you and you admire so much you can't stand not having them be part of your life everyday. I mean I was in a 3 1/2 relationship, and teh guy cringed whenever someone brought the subject up, which of course made me cringe. What are your thoughts on this?

• thom
    thom

I was married for 12 years and never once did I seriously consider being unfaithful. Did I peek at girls? Sure I did, but that's where it ended.
    Now that I'm single again (for about 2 1/2 years), I may or may not choose to marry again, but if I do then it's the same committment I had before. She is my wife forever, or at least until she decides to screw one of my friends (like my last wife did).
    Being single I do enjoy the idea that I can date different girls now and then, but I'm comfortable with marriage too, and being completely faithful to my wife.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

This post makes cringe

Of course many many men want to get married. Find them in the right stage of their lives, but definately men are into marriage.

ps - how ya doing?

• seawolf
    seawolf

I wouldn't mind finding a nice girl to settle down with but the problem is 1. finding one single, and when that happens...2. is she not nuts? answering yes to both questions is very rare, unfortunately. :(

• oldflame
    oldflame

I aam a man and I am single forabout 15 years, I would love to marry again but will not unless I am absolutley sure, because of the same reason another posted on this thread. My wife cheated and the worse part of it I had to see it. But to answer you're question , yes I believe in marriage.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Well, the papers are full of engagement, wedding and anniversary announcements. So I suppose the answer is yes. Men do want to get married.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Ah, well you all for your responses. I think I should be thankful for my devine interventions then. I suppose tis better to wait for the right person than settle for mediocrity

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The only real purpose for marriage is having children. Let's face it, if children are out of the question, there is no point in getting married.

Frankly, I don't blame men who don't want to get married. The law is in favor of the woman. Marriage is becoming an obscene word thanks to feminism.

• prophecor
    prophecor
    is the saying "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free" really true.

Personally, I'd rather take the cow and make veal cutlets

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Not all men are created equal. Many want to settle down and do so faithfully for life. Other dont want to settle down, but when they get older it becomes to hard to 'pull a chick' and so they settle down because it is easier.
    And others grow into monogamy after polygamy becomes monotony.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit