Do men want to get married?

by ApagaLaLuz 30 Replies latest social relationships

• bisous
    bisous

funny...my experience has been much the opposite. The men I meet want to rush into love and marriage. LOL, in fact one of my best friends is a man and we joke that we should introduce our mutual dates as they seem to be much alike in the *rushing* department. Personally, I see no valid purpose for marriage anymore unless you are religious. I find it wholly unappealing. p.s. I LOVE MEN, to counter the man-hating bitch assumption...

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Did I want to get married? No! In hind site, it was the best decision that i ever made.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I have said before on a thread - men want sex and the price they pay is marriage Women want marriage and the price they pay is sex

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Do men still believe in the sanctity of marriage? Or is teh saying "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free" really true. Call me cynical, I guess just because I've had so many guy friends. Seems to me like most men are commitment phobic and don't want/believe in finding that one person who just clicks with you and you admire so much you can't stand not having them be part of your life everyday. I mean I was in a 3 1/2 relationship, and teh guy cringed whenever someone brought the subject up, which of course made me cringe. What are your thoughts on this?

It depends on the woman. Some women are dating material, others are live-together material and a few are marriage material... then there is the very small number a man would be willing to give his life for.

• bisous
    bisous

"I have said before on a thread - men want sex and the price they pay is marriage Women want marriage and the price they pay is sex" What century are YOU living in??

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I have said before on a thread - men want sex and the price they pay is marriage Women want marriage and the price they pay is sex

Yikes, that makes me a man.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hmmm, don't think I could bring myself to marry a woman who didn't know how to enjoy sex!!!

• riotgirlpeeps
    riotgirlpeeps
    The only real purpose for marriage is having children. Let's face it, if children are out of the question, there is no point in getting married.

I really hope they were kidding on this. If someone is very anti marriage anyways in the US there are decent tax benefits to say the least. Anyways most men I have known are not anti marriage.

-Riot

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Women should not be so eager to move in with a guy and then act all surprised when after 3 years and 2 kids they don't see the point in 'tying the know' that's getting the milk for free.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Other benefits to marriage have to do with healthcare benefits and inheritence, etc. Funderal arrangement rights, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit