Can any JW answer OldSoul's 4 questions about JW teachings scripturally?

by kwintestal 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shadow
    shadow

Hi,

Yes, I am swamped right now. I'm hoping to post more tonight or in the morning. If I can't do that, my next opportunity will be Tuesday.

kwin,

Didn't really think anyone else was too interested. I read your story about being undf'd, thought it was pretty funny.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

it seems to me that the one parable that kills JWs whole arguement for this faithful and descreet slave status is

the one about the wheat and the weeds and letting them GROW TOGETHER until the harvest which would be done by ANGELS not humans and this gathering seems to be AFTER Jesus started his judgement in the very end, not before.... there is no evidence that JWs have any special status when it comes to all wheat and no weeds as this would suggest from their Belief System.... infact their disfellowshipping reports would indicate that a whole lot of weed was still being smoked, er, still among them.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

OK, thanks. I was just sitting back an watching from the sidelines.

Kwin

• toreador
    toreador

Zen Nudist,

I believe teh WTS teaches that the wheat and weeds are WITH IN the congregation and not talking aboaut the world of religion. Unless they changed that again.

Tor

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Tor,

For some time now they have held that the wheat is the true Christian and the weeds are false Christians who seem to be true. While they have never excluded (to my knowledge) weeds from nominally being one of Jehovah's Witnesses (the ONLY true Christians), they state that the majority of the weeds are in Christendom.

If you think it sounds like they are already separated, you are right.

What do you think of Shadow and I finishing up the discussion from the old "a friend in need" thread?

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• toreador
    toreador

I would have to agree with you that I felt as though we were doing a separating work when going door to door and that is what they wanted us to think.

I think its a great idea that you and shadow finish up the "a friend in need" thread!

Tor

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Great thread. I'm happy to sit on the sidelines and just watch this one

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

I am waiting for any Jehovah's Witness to offer support in Scripture of these four articles of faith:

(1) the Faithful and Discreet Slave is a class of people,

(2) that the holy spirit directs organizations in addition to individuals,

(3) that the Faithful and Discreet Slave is responsible for revealing "new light" (as opposed to "food at the proper time") to anyone, and finally

(4) that Jehovah deals with individual other sheep differently than the little flock.

Where is the Scriptural support for any one of these teachings? Can they be established Scripturally without uninspired human interpretation?

If someone publicly denies the validity of any one of these foundational doctrines or publicly affirms a contrary belief to any one of these, they risk expulsion from among Jehovah's Witnesses. Surely, a teaching worthy of a sentence of spiritual death if rejected should be easily established by Scripture. Well, I can't find one Scripture to support any of these.

Why do I care? Because I have family who are Witnesses, I have friends who are Witnesses, and I cannot figure out why I should be expelled for contradicting a teaching that is of human origin. If it is founded on Scripture, I am wrong and will do my very best to make right what damage I may have done to the faith of others. It is as simple as that. If it is not founded on Scripture, then the GB is wrong and I expect the same of them. Is that unreasonable?

These four teachings combine to form the entire basis for authority within Jehovah's Witnesses. I am ultimatelly interested in whether this composite teaching is true: The Faithful and Discreet Slave has Scriptural support for its claim that (1) as a class they comprise (2) God's spirit-directed organization on earth today for the purpose of (3) discerning and dispensing "new light" (4) to the other sheep who can't get this light through any other means.

Every Witness will immediately recognize this as the foundation for all subjection due the Faithful and Discreet Slave or its agents. Well? Can anyone prove this to be founded on Scripture? ANYONE?

OldSoul

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Scholar? Do you want to take a stab at trying to prove these?

OldSoul

• toreador
    toreador

I would hope Scholar would at least try. You know, since he is a celebrated watchtower scholar and all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit