DID you miss any good TV programmes while attending meetings etc?

by badboy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

LAWRENCE,PLEASE EXPLAIN!

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

back when i was very very Young we were able to watch the first 20 mins or so of the 6million dollar Man.talk about a wrench when we had to get to the TMS!Also it was awful to miss TOTP on a Thursday.Next Morning at School "did you see Duran duran,adam and ants ,madness etc"..(showing my age now)

Also ,is it me ,or was it every time England played Football in the World cup at least 1 game was always on a Tuesday or Thursday Night?Even the last one,we played on a bloody Sunday Morning.

• Purza
    Purza

When our meetings were on Wednesday evenings I would miss Charlie's Angels.

Then when they were on Fridays, I would miss Dukes of Hazard.

I went through some serious withdrawals at the time.

Purza

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

In the 60's... there was Batman on Wednesday - AND - Thursday nights. We always got to see them get 'into' their predicaments - but never got to see them get out - and catch the 'bad guy'. (I always thought that was unfair)

In the late 70's - Mork and Mindy (M&M) was on Thursday nights - 7:00 - 7:30pm. I was working in Burnet, TX, and would drive to Marble Falls - where the KH was - extra early - to get a soda, and sit and watch M&M from 7:00 to about 7:25 - when they would break for commercial. I would split - and git to the KH - just in time to grab a seat, and start singing. I always missed the "Mork calling Orson..." part of the show, that followed the commercials.

Regards,

Jim TX

P.S. I also missed the cartoons that were on Saturday mornings... I would try to watch them through the screen doors - if I could... but it wasn't the same.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

missed Bugs Bunny on Saturday morning

• joelbear
    joelbear

i missed lost in space was it was originally on TV because our meetings were on Sunday evenings. that was so wacked out.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Cheers, Friends, would usually catch the end of Seinfeld but it wouldn't make sense because I missed most of it.

• feelinglost
    feelinglost

I never really got into friends because it was on thursday nights- now i have pretty much caught up on all the reruns. I still haven't seen all of the episodes from the first three seasons, but most of them. And it was great to start watching Friends before it was all re-runs.

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

OMG Top of the Pops on a thursday night!!! Used to hate that! And Terrahawks on a sunday morning and Space 1999!!! THe rich dub kids would video it, and watch it later! Tuesday nights I used to miss Emmerdale because of the group!!! Hey BTW FE203Girl, where in Cheshire are you, I grew up in Runcorn! The backwater of Cheshire!

• Ellie
    Ellie

Skinnyboy, I grew up in Widnes, maybe we know some of the same people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit