DID you miss any good TV programmes while attending meetings etc?

by badboy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

any takers?

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Yes, Top of the Pops every Thursday night. I don't count it as a must see these days, but when I was a teenager it was vital.

• horrible life
    horrible life

We had Sunday night meetings. This was in the 60's. So I always missed the Wonderful World of Disney. HL

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I missed watching my Vikings. That was back when the playoffs were a given and anything less than an NFC Championship was a disappointment. Now, I sometimes wish I was at the meetings again so I can miss football.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Back in the 80's the "A-Team" was on every Tuesday night. It was me and my school buddies' favorite show, but I only occasionally saw it - when I was sick or something.

VCR's were still expensive back then and we didn't have one.

-ithinkisee

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

The programs I missed the most were Saturday morning funnies.

Kwin

• lawrence
    lawrence

The 3 Stooges and Bozo the Clown. My former wife would say to me when we got to the KH, "honey, here you have Bozo and the Stooges live; many of them."

It took me a while to understand what she meant.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Worzel Gummidge and Super Gran on a Sunday morning, and The Bill on a Thursday evening, I was also banned from watching Grange Hill, I was a deprived child, lol.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I missed "Friends" all these years...but now I'm watching reruns, so that's cool.:P

I keep telling myself how lucky I am, on the night I watch "Lost", I never could have followed that show if I was still in.lol

• unique1
    unique1

I was the only kid who didn't even know what 90210 was about because it was on Thursday night. I did tape it one time. Still today, it is such a pop culture reference, I still get pissed of because I am the only person in the group who doesn't get the joke.

Oh, and Saturday morning cartoons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit