HUGE QUESTION!

by stillAwitness 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I been meaning to figure out the ansewr to this question for like 3 weeks now but been too afraid of course to ask anyone in the congreagtion since my questions tend to be more questionable than a simple inquiry. Anyways a young girl in my hall was announced as "no longer being one of jehovah's wittnesses."?? Weird. I don't get it. I thought the only way one would be announced as such is if they requested in like letter form to be removed as one of jehovah's wittnesses and that would be therefore just as bad as being D'F right? But the girl still comes to the meetings and the bookstudy (and D'F ones aren't allowed to come to the bookstudy as I understand? But our bookstudy is at the KH not a private home so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.) Anyways she was even at the meeting the night they made the annoucement. So how in the world did they suddenly announce her as not one of Jehovah's wittnesses without her being D'F first? And if it was her decision to dissassociate herself then why is she still coming to meetings and stuff as if she still wants to be a JW? So that means the elders can choose to cut u off as a witness also? I am really confused about this but again don't wanna ask anyone in the hall about it. Hate for anyone to think I am "murmuring false things." Any articles on this subject would be helpful also. I also was curious to as to let's say the elders hear from the ever so popular "2 or more" individuals of one doing wrongdoing. If you deny it completely can you still be D'F? I always wonder how people get caught? I mean what is the probabbility of 2 or more witnesses catching you fornicating or watching R-rated movies right? Often times do you end up confessing? Any D'F ones wanna share how it went down with them?

• upside/down
    upside/down

I am really confused about this but again don't wanna ask anyone in the hall about it.

And you call these your "brothers & sisters"?

Don't you see how they use FEAR to control you and everyone else...this should be a wake up call.

You come to an "apostate" web site to get answers?

Well you'll get the answers here...can you see the irony?

Think about it...

u/d

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

They changed the annoucnement once the new Organisation book came out in the spring. Now, it's the same if you disassociate yourselves or if you are disfellowshipped.

On this thread : MY UNDISFELLOWSHIPPING you will hear my wife's Disfellowshipping and my undisfellowshipping (because they forgot to invite me to the judicial committee and screwed up)

Previously though, I was disfellowshipped when I was 17. They found my journal and didn't like what I had written so they DF'd me for loose conduct. I had to admit it, because it was obviously mine, but I didn't think that what was in it was any of their business. I was reinstated 6 months later.

Kwin

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

You bring up some very good questions and I'm not surprised at all at your concerns about asking questions in the hall. Due to many of the recent lawsuits and threats of lawsuits against the WTS they can no longer state that someone has been disfellowshipped. So to get around it they have changed the wording to "no longer is a JW" Since this girl is still coming to meetings I would think she has been DFed but they are using the new term As for your other question about denying a wrong doing and there are two witnesses to the "sin" yes they could DF you because your lack of remorse and your continued denial

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

They no longer make a distinction between someone who has disassociated themselves or actually have been disfellowshipped; they just state "so and so is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses".

Back when I was active DF'd or DA's individuals could go to the book study but only at the kingdom hall and not the ones held in private homes.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The announcment that one 'is no longer one of Jehovah's witnesses' is a new twist to an old concept. DA and DF are now in the archival terminology bin! Distiction without a difference!

She was basically DF'd, since one who DA'd would most likely not be at your meetings any longer. She is a sinner!

Jeff

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I see. So its the same thing but why the different terminolgy? Why not just say she is D'F. They must be makin some distinction.

• jgnat
    jgnat

As others have already mentioned, this announcement follows the recently approved format in the book, "Organized to do Jehovah's Will". Who knows, the girl may have already undergone a JC. As far as I know, anyone DA'd or DF'd may attend meetings, but cannot comment. Notwithstanding the two-witness rule, if a girl parks her car overnight outside the home of a fella, fornication is assumed. This is why in the WTBTS, paedophiles are rarely DF'd, but young couples often are.

Poor girl.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I posted this above Due to many of the recent lawsuits and threats of lawsuits against the WTS they can no longer state that someone has been disfellowshipped. So to get around it they have changed the wording to "no longer is a JW"

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I am really confused about this but again don't wanna ask anyone in the hall about it. Hate for anyone to think I am "murmuring false things."

I am sorry, but I just have to say this: Listen to yourself! You fear asking questions to clarify your understanding of an announcement made at the KH, because you believe you will be accused of lying. They are totally nuts!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit