HUGE QUESTION!

by stillAwitness 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

StillAwitness,

Welcome to the ship mate.

• gaybeat
    gaybeat
    How many other young JWs do you know that are like you? What I mean is, how many have your critical eye and would be likely to check things out on the 'net?

I wonder that too, it has gotten to the point where i'm the last one in my peer group left to not get baptized. Only one lady has bothered me about it, but no one else has. I wonder if my congregation is verry loose on how strict the WTBTS wants them to be. I see some kids baptized who I find to be too wordly to be but its just my observation. I wonder if they got baptized because they were forced to and didn't really understand the seriousness of it, or they really did want to be baptized. Only when the CO comes everyone goes into strict mode.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

((( Still A Witness ))) Welcome!

You have received good answers above. May I suggest the next meeting you see this recently "No Longer A JW" girl, you slip her a paper with this website printed on it?

I know, my bad.

Auntie Brenda

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

To ansewr your question M.J. I actually wish there were more like me. Most young people that I know of who question the truth usually don't know how to go about finding the ansewrs and end up getting D'F intentionally just b/c they figure that is the only way out. I have no friends my age who are witnesses. There is nobody in my hall or any of the other halls in my area who are in their 20's. They've usually left by the time they reach that age.Those who are still around are either full time pioneers or in bethel. Then there are those "ohh, why don't we spend saturday night preparing our watchtower togethor yeah!" So not cool. I know some who are pretty smart in that they go off too college somewhere on full scholarships that way they won't need to worry about their parents not supporting them. Wish I had those guts. But it would be nice to meet some in the same boat as me. But I am VERY careful. I prefer to keep seperate from any witnesesses b/c even if they are living a double life (partying, clubbin etc) they almost always draw the line at "apostate thinking."

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

In light of the new procedure (not saying that he/she is DFed or DAd, just "so and so is no longer a member of our club bla bla"), and the fact that she is still attending, she was probably DFed.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

They also changed the anouncement format because of legal issues over the blood contoversy. Thye are now simply announcing that a person is not a JW if they accept something from the forbidden list. This obsfucates the fact that religiously motivated social pressure is being exerted upon JWs to reject standard medical procedures. Rather it is made to appear that the person simply decided that she did not want to go to that particular church anymore, silent on the social ramifications of the announcement. This was an issue in Europe that stood in the way of the WT getting legal recognition as a religion.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Hi again,

I do agree it is a good idea to keep a low profile while you're getting your education. I don't see that as being much different than what a lot of people do--follow parents' rules while they're living in their house.

jgnat's idea is a very good one. I was in a bit of a different situation than you, but to make a long story short, I had to quickly escape with no cash to get an apartment. I ended up renting a room until I could save up the $ for a security deposit, and it was a really, really horrible situation. If you can save a little here and there, it is there in case some day it unexpectedly hits the fan.

These days with internet banking, it's easy to make small/frequent deposits into a savings acct. You don't even have to go to the bank. (ING has good rates and your parents would never know.)

• oldflame
    oldflame

I personally would not worry about what the Borg or other witnesses think about you. This is you're spirituallity at stake here and not theirs. My advice is to be strong, be true and most of all be yourself. Don't worry about what they might think or do, think about what God will do when you meet him at your death for allowing some idiots at the borg to influence you're mind and heart...

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

I have a question that goes along with the new way of announcing. Since they only say ' no longer one of Jehovahs Witness" can you still go talk to them since they aren't Df'd. They are just, worldly and you can still talk to worldly you just shouldn't hang out with them. right?? They can't get on to you right? just for talking to a new worldly person?

• inbyathread
    inbyathread
    Since they only say ' no longer one of Jehovahs Witness" can you still go talk to them since they aren't Df'd. They are just, worldly and you can still talk to worldly you just shouldn't hang out with them. right?? They can't get on to you right? just for talking to a new worldly person?

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. The new JW Rule Book states regarding the announcement that "So-an-so is not one of Jehovah's Witnesses".

"This will alert faithful members of the congregation to stop associating with that person." "Such a person is treated in the same way as a disfellowshipped person."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit