am i being spiteful?

by dabatgaly 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kid-A
    kid-A

I get a chill up my spine everytime I read that.....like a page out a George Orwell novel, except its non-fiction. The borg truly have modelled themselves after Stalin-era Soviet ideology.

• dabatgaly
    dabatgaly

after reading that im even more pissed off ,why should anyone take on a job of confidentiality when they know that they might reveal any information that they feel should be shared with members of their religon, as it goes i actually had an abortion , and ended up on antidepressants , i have suffered with depression on and off for years partly because of my JW beliefs i have made good progress because i totally left the org , i regret my abortion because i believed i was a terrible person and would never be able to guide my child in the right way because i wasn't a good dub , i suffer from extreme morning sickness , the lack of vit b complex from constant throwing up left my nervous system in extreme shock and added to this i hadnt been pregnant for 18 years , i already have two children , the guy walked out on me, i didnt want to terminate my pregnancy but i couldn't be calm about my situation if i hadnt just been dfs i might have been mentally stronger , i've come to terms with what happened and i feel im forgiven by god through jesus , its all that keeps me going. but anyway i still feel that that should be between me, my doctor and god not any self righteous bitch and who ever she thinks should know . i think what ill do is find a copy of the mag the article is from and if the doctor is not agreeable with my reguest ill show her what her religon would expect of her and that she can't keep her oath to confidentialty and take it from there not only for me but for anyone else who has the right to their privacy.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Most people (including me) would not judge you for your choices. It is only a high control group that would do so. Can you imagine a Christian receptionist telling her church minister private medical info about another church member? I can't.

I work in healthcare regulatory compliance and am on a privacy board. If the dr. doesn't agree to your request, feel free to PM me and I'll research it a bit for you.

FYI, if your medical info is released w/o your permission, you can file a complaint with the Dept. of Health and Human Services, Office of Civil Rights. That is who regulates medical confidentiality.

• dabatgaly
    dabatgaly

thanx rebel8 i hope it doesn't get to that , im from england by the way ,i must put my flag on my profile.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Yes, JWs are capable of being professional. But you never know with WT articles like that. I say erring on the side of caution would be a wise choice. If your Dr asks you why just show him the article. Good luck with your surgery.

Sherry

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I don't know all the details of your experience with this "sister", but I would personally find a different doctor. My only experience with a JW in the medical community was one where she broke the confidentiality code and told my parents I was at the hospital. I was furious! I don't put it past ANY JW to squeal to the elders about "gossip" they received at work by medical records. Yes, they are capable of being professional. But I have to say that most would choose the WTS over that confidentiality promise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit