am i being spiteful?

by dabatgaly 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dabatgaly
    dabatgaly

my doctors surgery has a jw on the reception and i dont want her to have access to my notes in am going to ask the doctor to make sure she is denied access is this being spiteful? she would not talk to me otherwise so why should she have acesses to my most personal information.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    so why should she have acesses to my most personal information.

Maybe because she needs that information? It's just my opinion but I think that JWs are capable of professionalism and discretion.

• thom
  • avishai
    avishai

There's enough examples of JW's breaking HIPPA laws that I don't blame you.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    HIPPA laws

= Caesar salads law...

And Jojoba's Witnoids follow "Dogs" law above Caesar salads law...

There are certainly confidentiality issues...and the Dubs know NOTHING of confidentiality...it's their enemy.

u/d(of the express your concerns to the Dr. himself class)

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am making two assumptions with my answer.

1. She knows you are an ex-JW and has already shunned you. Did she shun you at the office?

2. There is more than one employee on reception.

If my assumptions are correct, sure, bring it up with your doctor. Your information is your own and you deserve privacy.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

JW's are told (thought I can't remember the specific mag) to tell the elders should a JW go to a doctor with a problem that might be caused by some sort of sin. I would imagine that there would be some JW's who take this a step further and would tell the elders about ex-JW's too, just in case that ex-JW is seeking reinstatement (because most of us are you know ) I would bring this up with the doctor.

Kwin

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Follow Jesus lead - obviously he hasn't trusted them with confidential information either

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I wouldn't hesitate to ask that another employee handle sensitive information. I wouldn't trust a fellow JW with sensitive info as far as I could throw him/her.

• Perry
    Perry

I would run like hell from any JW doctor. I know from experience that they will freely distribute personal information. I had to threaten one elder doctor who was spreading private information about my son. Even then he tried to pull his 'authority" and "respect for the organization" crap on me. I let him know in no uncertain terms that if I EVER heard anything attributed to him again that I'd sue him until every nickel he had was gobbled up by his attorneys. He said he understood right before I crammed the phone down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit