If a JW widower remarries, what happens to the poor spouse at resurrection?

by kid-A 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• anewme
    anewme

I say we dont worry about it.

Just to be alive again and youthful and renewed and to see everyone again would be such a joy!

The resurrected one will be scripturally free to find another beautiful mate to share paradise with.

Everyone will be so happy to be alive and the earth will be screaming for joy over the peace!

The large amount of detail info is not necessary at this time.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Here is an article about it.

Of course, it is posted here for critical review....in full compliance with US copyright laws.

*** w87 6/1 30-1 Questions From Readers ***

Is it wise for a Christian whose mate has died to remain single in the hope of being reunited in the future?

How fine it is that a Christian should feel love for his or her mate even after that one has died! Some in this situation have remained single, not because of being content with singleness, but in hopes of resuming the marriage after the resurrection. While not being insensitive to the human feelings behind those hopes, we encourage such ones to consider some Biblical points.

For instance, bearing on the matter are the apostle Paul’s words: "A wife is bound during all the time her husband is alive. But if her husband should fall asleep in death, she is free to be married to whom she wants, only in the Lord. But she is happier if she remains as she is." (1 Corinthians 7:39, 40) This shows that the marital bond ends when one’s mate dies. It was a kindness for God to inform Christians of this, for thus widows and widowers can weigh their emotional and other needs in deciding whether to remarry; they are not bound to the deceased.—1 Corinthians 7:8, 9.

Does the Bible, though, indicate whether resurrected ones will be able to marry or to resume a previous marriage that was ended by a death? One account seems to bear on this question. It involved Sadducees who, while not even believing in the resurrection, came to Jesus trying to entrap him. They presented this problem involving brother-in-law marriage: "There were seven brothers; and the first took a wife and died childless. So the second, and the third took her. Likewise even the seven: they did not leave children behind, but died off. Lastly, the woman also died. Consequently, in the resurrection, of which one of them does she become the wife?"—Luke 20:27-33; Matthew 22:23-28.

Christians are not under the Law, but a similar difficulty could be raised concerning them. For example: Brother and Sister C—— were married and had two children. Then he died. Sister C—— loved and deeply missed him, but she felt a need for companionship, financial support, sexual expression, and help with the children. So she married Brother M——, which union was as Scriptural as the first. Later he became ill and died. If the former mates were resurrected and marriage were possible, whom might she marry?

Consider Jesus’ response to the Sadducees: "The children of this system of things marry and are given in marriage, but those who have been counted worthy of gaining that system of things and the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage. In fact, neither can they die anymore, for they are like the angels, and they are God’s children by being children of the resurrection. But that the dead are raised up even Moses disclosed . . . when he calls Jehovah ‘the God of Abraham and God of Isaac and God of Jacob.’ He is a God, not of the dead, but of the living, for they are all living to him."—Luke 20:34-38; Matthew 22:29-32.

• talesin
    talesin
    I say we dont worry about it.

Just to be alive again and youthful and renewed and to see everyone again would be such a joy!

I just got a mental picture of anewme sticking fingers in ears and singing

"la la la,, I can't hear you!"

Hello! Reality check!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

hmmm interesting isnt it that while acknowledging that there is no marraige for ressurected ones...that doesnt stop jws from offering a reunion to all those they meet in fs that have just lost a mate in death...

on the other hand for those of you who believe you are going to heaven...do you expect to be married there

• kid-A
    kid-A

I expect a situation similar to the one depicted in Woody Allens "SLEEPER".....no sex, but there will be "orgasmatrons" for re-animated dead!

• blondie
    blondie

According to WTS doctrine, those who go to heaven will be part of the bride of Christ and will be married spiritually to Christ (no sex though).

it-1

p. 728 Engagement ***

The

Bride of Christ. Jesus Christ is espoused to a bride, the Christian congregation, which is his body. (Eph 1:22, 23) At Pentecost, 33 C.E., the first members of the "bride" received the holy spirit with its miraculous gift of tongues. This was similar to gifts of betrothal, constituting for the spiritual bride of Christ "a token in advance of [their] inheritance, for the purpose of releasing by a ransom God’s own possession, to his glorious praise." (Eph 1:13, 14) The apostle Paul spoke of those whom he had introduced to the truth about Christ and who had become Christians as promised in marriage, and he exhorted them to maintain cleanness as a chaste virgin to the Christ. (2Co 11:2, 3) Those engaged to, or promised to, the Christ are, while on earth, considered to be engaged and are invited to the evening meal of the Lamb’s marriage.—Re 19:9
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wait a minute...if guys will be as smooth as a Ken doll how will they urinate? Or will urination and defecation be done a way with. Hell might as well say no one will have need for food.

• kid-A
    kid-A

"According to WTS doctrine, those who go to heaven will be part of the bride of Christ and will be married spiritually to Christ (no sex though)."

Sadly, there are probably many practicing dubs who would get really turned on by this!!! LOL

• horrible life
    horrible life
    hmmm interesting isnt it that while acknowledging that there is no marraige for ressurected ones...that doesnt stop jws from offering a reunion to all those they meet in fs that have just lost a mate in death...

My thoughts also. I have had said to me "What will grandma think when you aren't in the new world" Looks like grandma won't be looking for me or anybody else. What about a baby that was lost? Will that baby not go back to it's mother? I think that one of the biggest things that made me mad as a teenager, was when it was said that Jehovah would be cutting off being able to have babies. Their beliefs are really screwed up. HL

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

According to St Paul in Romans, when a wife dies, she is released from the law of her husband. Thanks God!

What if he was a domineering swine? I think there are far more dub wives hoping for dissolution than they realize? How many women want to be cringeing unpaid servants and prostitutes to so-called "glorious ones " (just take a look at them in the bathroom.)

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit