If a JW widower remarries, what happens to the poor spouse at resurrection?

by kid-A 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• kid-A
    kid-A

This always weirded me out...If a JW's spouse dies (and lets assume they were reasonably young) and that widower re-marries, has a big happy family, etc etc...

now imagine resurrection day.....the last thing you remember is this person was the love of your life, your entire universe, your raison d'etre, and SURPRISE! They have moved on without you, and you are left high and dry....can you imagine the psychological nightmare this would be for the "resurrected"???? Would you even WANT to come back to that???

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I used to wonder the same thing! I asked someone that question when I was like 7. (pretty smart cookie I was!) And she was like "we don't have all the ansewrs. We leave it up to jehvoah and he will take care of us" Its amazing the things they talk about concerning the resureection and armageddon.I was told that there will be a clean up after armageddon. Jehovah will instruct us on the burial of dead bodies so its important now to learn to follow the elders when they counsel us. I'm like WHAT? You can't be serious. One sister in service one time made the comment taht "imagine what after armageddon is gonna be like: walking over dead bodies as we make our way to the new world." Its sick the way they speak sometimes. I want to jump out of the car

• kid-A
    kid-A

Indeed, only in the witness universe are 7 year old children warned of the day they will have to shovel all the dead bodies into the mass graves....I remeber hearing the exact same thing when I was about that age.....hard to imagine....

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I guess , if your a man, you will get mighty good at slamming you're perfect pecker in the windowsill.

Will flogging the bishop be allowed in the New System (tm)?

~Hill

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I recall being told that the resurrected ones will have no desire to be married. I guess god will just remove that part of their memory or some equally dumb idea

• Gopher
    Gopher

The JW's cite the scripture where Jesus is quoted "those who come back in the resurrection are as angels and do not marry".

So if you were married and get resurrected into the JW new world, you can forget about regular family life. Your circuit overseer will probably have you assigned to the new-world Bethel family (where they will print those new-world "scrolls" from Jehovah) -- they'll be your family now.

• fairchild
    fairchild

The people doing the will of Jehovah, listening to the voice of his mouthpiece on earth, have a chance to live forever in a paradise on earth. It seems like a great fairy tale, except for one thing. They forgot about the dead spouse. Oops. I doubt that there is anyone who has not wondered about the dead spouse. I was told that our memories to the former things will be no more. But when I pointed out that, if the memories to the former things will be no more, then nobody at all will remember whom they were married to in the old system. I then was told that I was asking too many questions, instead I should trust on the fact that Jehovah will take care of us and make sure that every tear will be wiped from our eyes. So it doesn't really matter whether we understand the spouse thing or not, we just have to trust that jehovah knows what he is doing.

To me, the spouse problem is just another arrow, pointing away from the everlasting life in paradise theory. It doesn't make sense.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Will flogging the bishop be allowed in the New System (tm)?

I don't think that will be necessary. I can't remember the article but I do recall that men resurrected in the New System will be smooth like the Ken doll.

Rub a Dub

• kid-A
    kid-A

LMAO @ rub a dub!!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    If a JW widower remarries, what happens to the poor spouse at resurrection?

You think that's bad??? What about the poor guy who has a complete b*tch for a wife, then she gets sick and dies. He's so happy! FREEDOM!!! No background nagging while he's watching TV!!! Pizza whenever he wants!!! BEER TOO!!! And he only has to shower once a month!!!

Then, one day, she's resurrected and returns to him.

I wonder what the suicide rate will be in the new systemâ„¢?

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit