Getting rid of fruit flies

by sonnyboy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Does anyone have any secrets that work? I looked on the Internet and saw a few tips, but nothing's working yet.

These little bitey suckers are all over the place. I've gotten rid of every bit of trash and wiped down the entire kitchen, but they're still swarming. I looked around Walmart for a fruit fly trap and they didn't have any.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I'll check with an elder to see if it is ok to rid ones house of fruit flies.

Rub a Dub

• talesin
    talesin

Put some sugar water in a dish, cover it with saran wrap and poke a few holes in it. They will go to the sugar water, then be unable to escape.

My ex had a thing about fruit flies, for me they are just something that's around in the hot weather, no big deal. Is it a 'guy thing'?

t

• under74
    under74

Ya, had this problem a few months ago. Tried all the crap remedies like putting out a cup of wine to attract and kill them and endless other things. I ended up scrubbing down the kitchen with bleach and REALLY cleaning the drains of the little bits of stuff that fall in there and behind the microwave where little crumbs seem to collect. That seemed to do the trick.

• under74
    under74

no, it's not a guy thing. I hate them.

• professor
    professor

bitey? I have never experienced a biting fruit fly. Do you think they might be fleas?

• blondie
    blondie

Similar to Tal's

We put a small amount of red wine into a shallow dish, covered it with plastic wrap, and then poked a hole into it.

http://www.stretcher.com/stories/03/03jul21b.cfm

• talesin
    talesin

under74, I was only kidding. I know that it is a personal thing, not a guy thing.

sonny, yah, I never noticed you said 'bitey things'. They don't bite ... maybe you are getting bitten by 'no-see-ums'. Fruit flies don't bite, any more than do house flies.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Get a fly strip

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

1). Shave one side of infected area.

2.) Light the non shaved side on fire with the solvent of your choice.

3.) While watching very closely, and this is very important.

Stab all the little buggers that run out of the fire.

FYI. This is believed to work on crabs too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit