Anybody else have this announced? Special Meeting on Friday night

by CaptainSchmideo 45 Replies latest jw friends

• fairchild
    fairchild
    Once a MS commented that I (me) played a song a week or so back and it skipped a couple of times, but when he played it himself after the meeting it didn't skip. His suggestion was that I didn't know what I was doing. You know, it's real complicated to stand there staring at a record and making sure it doesn't skip. I thought I did a pretty good job of popping the needle back into place without messing it up.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, ooohhh, haven't had such a good laugh in a looong time. Thanks for the moment.

• Honesty
    Honesty

It sounds like the 'spiritual paradise' is not as good as the WT portrays it to be.

• jwsons
    jwsons

Usually, in your local area that night, the TVs expose their WacoTower and Dark Society problems.
    jwsons

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts
    Interesting statistic: They broke down the numbers, and stated that if they took out the hours reported by elders and ministerial servants, and all sisters,

For the past three months, average time 4.5 hrs

for the past six months, average time 5 hrs.

lets see............. a brother is allowed to count 4 hours a month for family study ( if they conduct it or not)

so they ARE getting out for an additional 30 min - an hour a month.. or they are counting some " informal " witnessing..

i can smell the zeal from here.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo
    lets see............. a brother is allowed to count 4 hours a month for family study ( if they conduct it or not)

so they ARE getting out for an additional 30 min - an hour a month.. or they are counting some " informal " witnessing..

i can smell the zeal from here.

My thoughts exactly...

I've always been of two minds about counting family study.

A) It IS a bargain basement way of getting some hours in...

but

B) It's like collecting salary for something you ought to be doing anyway as a duty. It's like paying your kids to do their homework...

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

my ex could stand only 10 minutes of any study with the kids then he'd get mad and stomp off..

i'd study with them and he'd count the 4 hours.. which is why that 4.5 hours caught my attn.

still roll my eyes at the ones that think he's so " theocratic"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit