Anybody else have this announced? Special Meeting on Friday night

by CaptainSchmideo 45 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

All baptized brothers asked to come to special meeting Friday (tomorrow) at 7pm. Bring the new Organized book.

Don't know what this is all about. Judging from past experience, a whole lot of something about nothing....

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Damn, if only I wasn't invited to a poker game...

• free2beme
    free2beme

They used to do that all the time ... often it was a talk on trying to get more brothers to reach out and be a spiritual lead in the family.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

You know, nowthat you mention that, I remember going to one of those.

Of course I had a newborn, a fulltime job, and a troubled marriage. After going to that 'encouraging' meeting I had a big ol' case of guilt for not feeling like I could do more.

• thom
    thom

I remember meetings like that. Usually it was sit around and discuss the various "privleges" and who does what and who's not good at what.
    Once a MS commented that I (me) played a song a week or so back and it skipped a couple of times, but when he played it himself after the meeting it didn't skip. His suggestion was that I didn't know what I was doing. You know, it's real complicated to stand there staring at a record and making sure it doesn't skip. I thought I did a pretty good job of popping the needle back into place without messing it up.

• steve2
    steve2

The answer to almost everything: Have a special meeting - it creates an air of urgency and anticipation - especially among those JWs who're not invited.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    They used to do that all the time ... often it was a talk on trying to get more brothers to reach out and be a spiritual lead in the family.

No doubt that is what it is. We had one a few months back with two elders. Then the each got on a plane and went on vacation for several weeks. Nice example. That is the one I want to follow. -ithinkisee

• carla
    carla

lead the family?! oh crap Not in my house. carla

• lawrence
    lawrence

This meeting of the BROTHERHOOD is to announce:

WTS Closing Down - Due To Lawsuits & Indifference.

10/15 - Worldwide Selloff - Everything Has Got To GO!

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

of urThe answer to almost everything: Have a special meeting - it creates an airgency and anticipation - especially among those JWs who're not invited. ha ha ..i agree!I remember about 10/11 years ago all us Ms and Elders were privy to the new simplified Literature arrangement...lowly ordinary pubs werent to be told ..on pain of a bollocking! Well,you would have thought we had been told the date of the big A itself..but no ,just a poxy free Literature arrangement. What a bloody anti-climax to us ..and also the Publishers when they found out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit