does the society really change their publications?

by Cordelia 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

i just read on another thread about quotes that the society changes the publications sometimes,

is this true that they print something then in the bound volume or cd rom they change it or take it out??

does anyone have any proof of this? any dates of the articles, (im trying to really stop myself going back, i want to expose the hyprocrisy at least just to myself)

can anyone help??

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yep it's true. I'm sure there are some here on board who have proof for you.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Yea I know there is proof here in one of the threads but i can't remember what one....someone will answer you though!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Try this I think it is one example!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/78512/1.ashx

• Legolas
    Legolas

Gawd I should have added that I didn't read it, it just looked like what you are looking for, the one I am thinking of I can't find!

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Does a bear crap in the woods? Visit the Quotes web site. There were a couple good examples of wording changes there.

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

ha ha good point!

legolas thanks alot ill read that properly soon, it really helps me to see this kind of stuff as ive been brought up in it all my life and iits like 'wow can it really not be true?' (i know its not now just wish my family could see it too)

thing is tho if they change it and i just have the cd rom youd have to get the orginals too, wouldnt you?

(smart arent they eh?)

• Legolas
    Legolas

Try this http://quotes.watchtower.ca/mini_tru.htm . There is probably more on that site as well.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I didn't believe it until I saw it myself. Someone gave me photo copies of the pages. and I was just stunned.

Then I remembered in some of the bookstudies we had to restudy a book. We were expected to buy the new copy but my mother was on welfare and had 4 kids in the house so we used the old copies we had.

Well when the reader was going through the paragraph sometimes we would see that our copy was different. We just shrugged it off and gave it no further thought. But the reason that they wanted us to get the new one was so they could change certain teachings and no one would realize it.

I also recall having very clear memories of having read something in a magazine. I tend to be quite visual so I could even recall where I saw it on the page.. But I would so often not be able to find it in the bound volume. Again I just attributed that to my having remembered it wrong. And I know I wasn't the only one who experienced that. My husband who was an elder often had the same problem when he was doing hei research for talks

If you look at Freeminds I think he might have some proof over there

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

from beyondjw.com (rawking site!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit