does the society really change their publications?

by Cordelia 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

such a small change

"in our 20th century" to "in our day"

such a huge difference

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

When Gina and I showed that "20th century/our day" change to her parents, they said, "That was talking about Paul's 20th Century, not ours."

Hey, he was an apostle! He coulda had his own 20th century, ya never know. (But I wouldn't bet on it)

So blinded. So willfully, skillfully, ill-fully blinded.

Dave

• mineralogist
  • ballistic
    ballistic

Unlike the "light getting brighter", or changing doctrines, which can be put down to "imperfect men" or "God revealing things in due time", these changes to old literature are a concious decision made by someone high up to cover up their past and is a manifestation of an organisation which is embarrassed by it's past and continually hides it's own past from it's members. It is in a word, dishonest.

• aniron
    aniron

No wonder they are trying to close the "Quotes" site down.

Its SO embarrassing for them, to have all these changes pointed out.

Well if you going to do such things then expect to be found out.

• Honesty
    Honesty

The Awake Masthead was changed in 1994. If you have any pre-1994 Awakes (bound volume or loose) and compare the masthead on page 4 with the Awakes (bound volumes or loose) published after 1994 you can see deceit written all over them.

• blondie
    blondie
    When Gina and I showed that "20th century/our day" change to her parents, they said, "That was talking about Paul's 20th Century, not ours."

AA, if some JW had said that to me my initial reaction would have been:

How could it have escaped my notice that these people are total idiots. The WTS takes a big chance sending them from door to door.

Deep in the Land of Denial (or LaLa Land).

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Wow, excellent post, Tetra. Im like Cordy, in that even though I know they lie, its just unbelievable when you actually SEE it with your own eyes.

• kool aid man
    kool aid man

What a great subject! We once visited a Governing Body member and brought to his attention the fact that there are two Daniel books, each having different information. As we had the books with us, ready to show him, he said "No there are not two books, it's brobably just a problem in translation". Then he quickly changed subjects. There are so many examples of their changes, some to numerous to elaborate on. But the fact is, if they are speaking for GOD, which we know they are not, there would be no changes. We have an extensive library of publications, so we would be glad to share information.One of my favorites is in the Studies in Scriptures book, which states that "BALD HEADED MEN STARTED FALSE RELIGION"! I always thought that Russell and Rutherfraud had hair!!

• ballistic
    ballistic

kool aid, have you checked out "quotes" site showed above. He's a member of this board who's being sued by the Watchtower for bringing stuff like this to people's attention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit