Should I get Disfellowshipped? (sorry, it's excommunicated, now)

by Lilycurly 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I know, but it hurts me so much to see him part of this religion, he's messing up not only his life, but his wife's, his two grown up daughter's and two young son's. If it was only affecting him, I wouldn't object....
    It is getting very frustrating to hear the same parroted answers again and again...that's why we came to the conclusion that what he needed was something that would really rock his whole concept of good and bad.

Is he really "messing" things up in y'all's lives? Everyone in the family knows he sticking his head in the sand and not researching...just let him believe what he wants. Why rock his world when he's not ready? As much as I hate seeing anyone stick to the JW beliefs, I think it more cruel to do what you're suggesting. It's his life. Let him live it. Nobody handles things well when they're FORCED to see something they aren't ready to see. I imagine it doing more damage than leaving him be. Why not take a a different approach? Love him, love him, love him! Accept him for what he is, spend time with him, talk to him, snuggle with him, take him to family dinners, movies, walks in the park, etc. Eventually, he'll realize his "worldly" family life is so much richer than the dull JW life. Who would want to pass that up? Give him an ultimatum? May just drive him further into the JW life.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Hmmm...Billy, that really made me think. You know, we do show him how great a family he has, we constantly go out together to movies and restaurants, etc. He knows we love him. Maybe we should do it more, but maybe it would just make him think that we're okay with him being a JW.

Like I said, I personally don't really care what he does with his religious life, as I no longer live with my family, but knowing that he is trying to bring my little brothers in it, that is disturbing me. I know what it is to be a witness kid. If I could at least convince him to stop guilt-tripping the kids.... And there is also the fact that the whole family has to wait for him to come back from meetings/ service a good part of the weekend. That kind of sucks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit