How do you interact on the board?

by Fe2O3Girl 37 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

Ah JW83, I notice you when you post. I hate it when I think ive made a interesting contribution and no one notices. I joined another "apostate " site the other day and said " Hi" to all those who may know me. One guy replied "sorry I dont recognize you" I felt quite miffed (for a minute or two )

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I usually feel ignored here & that sux cos out in the real world I am a force to be reckoned with! But I think it's my name - jw83 sounds like a robot ...

I notice your posts. One thing is though, when people have monikers that look a lot like other monikers, it's hard to remember who's who. There are several posters with JW in their monikers. Then is when you have to come up with a very distinctive avatar and style of posting. There are several posters who have just their initials for monikers and a few of them have J in them. I always get them confused with each other. Maybe this is why JH is always posting numerous, big pictures of himself, so we'll know who he is.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear carmel...

'Rusty pussy cat, consider yourself responded to!

carmel of the sulphoric acid personality type!"

My heart within me is broken
    because of the prophets;
    all my bones shake.
    I am like a drunken man,
    and like a man whom wine has
    overcome,
    because of the LORD,
    and because of His holy words.

For the land is full of adulterers;
    for because of a curse the land
    mourns.
    The pleasant places of the wilderness
    are dried up.
    Their course of life is evil,
    and their might is not right.

love michelle

• parakeet
    parakeet

I don't start many new threads; prefer posting on topics others have started. Lately, I've been doing a lot of reading of threads going back to when this site started. There isn't much we're talking about now that hasn't already been covered several times. I would recommend checking out these old threads to anyone who has the time--they're worth it! AlanF, Farkel, metatron, teejay, and many others have made (and continue to make) outstanding contributions and offered great advice.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Michelle,

What made you revive this thread? And is your quote from Jeremiah 23 addressed to Carmel or me; and what do you mean by it?

Rachel

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    I've spoken to several people who have posted here on JWD and then left for good because they felt they were hardly acknowledged at all.

And then there's tragically clueless people like me, who keep at it year after year, all the while entertaining Walter Mitty-esque dreams of someday being a JWD big-timer, LOL

FE203Girl, I can understand your frustration, there is definitely a pecking order on this board, with a small number of power-posters getting most of the attention while the rest of us are just background noise, but I'm sure that most established discussion boards are this way. Sometimes though, it seems to me that the power-posters are on here from dawn to dusk, every day! I'm like, do you all work a regular job?

Edited to add: As an example of the tragic cluelessness I speak of, I just now realized that this is a very old thread, DUH

• myelaine
    myelaine

Therefore prophesy against them all these words, and say to them:

The LORD will roar from on high,

and utter His voice from His holy

habitation;

He will roar mightily against His fold.

He will give a shout, as those who tread the grapes,

against all the inhabitants of the earth.

A noise will come to the ends of the

earth---

For the LORD has a controversy with

the nations;

He will plead His case with all flesh.

He will give those who are wicked to

the sword, says the LORD.

Thus says the LORD of hosts:

Behold, disaster shall go forth

from nation to nation,

and a great whirlwind shall be raised

up

from the farthest parts of the earth.

And at that day the slain of the LORD shall be from one end of the earth even to the other end of the earth. They shall not be lamented, or gathered, or buried; they shall become refuse on the ground.

Wail shepherds, and cry!

roll about in the ashes,

you leaders of the flock!

For the days of your slaughter and your

dispersions are fullfiled;

you shall fall like a precious vessel,

and the shepherds will have no way to

flee,

Nor the leaders of the flock to escape.

A voice of the cry of the shepherds,

and a wailing of the leaders to the flock

will be heard.

For the LORD has plundered their

pasture,

and the peaceful habitations are cut

down

because of the fierce anger of the LORD.

He has left His lair like the lion;

for their land is desolate

because of the fierceness of the

oppressor,

and because of His fierce anger."

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    Do you bother reading people's posts when you start a topic, and acknowledge their response?

Yes but I try not to do so to the point that people feel all I'm doing is bumping it to the top all the time. :)

Do you read all the posts on a thread when you post to see if someone has added more details, or already posted what you would have said? Or just respond to the original post and ignore the rest?

I guess it depends what kind of thread it is. This thread for example you are asking for my opinion which means I'm not about to change my responses based on what everyone else said though I will doubtlessly also skim the rest of the thread. In debates I try to read the whole thing first otherwise you just sound ignorant.

Are you an old thread reviver, bringing 3 year old threads back to the top?

Only if I have something important to add generally. Like an update.

Do you feel it is very important to type a response to a troll that made one post three days ago and hasn't said anything since?

Sometimes the responses aren't for the sake of the troll but for the sake of all the lurkers that may have thought the same. And who is to say the troll is not still here and something you say might not make them think.

Do you find that you get very little feedback to your posts, or that you are generally a thread killer? I do.
    Yeah I kill threads a lot. I squeal like a kid in a candy store when my thread breaks 2 pages generally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit