How do you interact on the board?

by Fe2O3Girl 37 Replies latest jw friends

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

I try to keep up. I do not have much time on the computer that's why.

Hibie

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Do you bother reading people's posts when you start a topic, and acknowledge their response?
    I have yet to start a topic. Im am sure that when I do I will try to read and respond to as many of the posts as possible.

Do you read all the posts on a thread when you post to see if someone has added more details, or already posted what you would have said? Or just respond to the original post and ignore the rest?
    I try to read everyone's input before posting. I dont care for redundancy much.

Are you an old thread reviver, bringing 3 year old threads back to the top?
    I do although I havent done it recently.

Do you feel it is very important to type a response to a troll that made one post three days ago and hasn't said anything since?
    Not unless I notice they're still around posting on other topics. If they're not posting on any topics, odds are there gone and may not be back for some time if at all. With that in mind I dont feel like taking the time to even consider responding. They obviously have doubts about their life style otherwise the would heed the WTBTS warnings and avoid this site like the plague.

Do you find that you get very little feedback to your posts, or that you are generally a thread killer? I do.
    I enjoy the the challenge of killing a thread but often feel an emptiness or void once it over. I dont really feel like I get a lot of feedback but that's OK.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Do you bother reading people's posts when you start a topic, and acknowledge their response? - Unless I forget about the thread, I do. I don't acknowledge every single reply, but I read them.

Do you read all the posts on a thread when you post to see if someone has added more details, or already posted what you would have said? Or just respond to the original post and ignore the rest? - That depends on how long the thread is. If it's a 9 page thread, I read as many as time allows and skim over the rest before making a post. Then when I have time I go back and read the rest and usually discover that someone has already said the same thing. Meh.

Are you an old thread reviver, bringing 3 year old threads back to the top? - I've done it before, but don't make a habit of it.

Do you feel it is very important to type a response to a troll that made one post three days ago and hasn't said anything since? - I don't feel it's very important to respond to trolls at all.

Do you find that you get very little feedback to your posts, or that you are generally a thread killer? - Yes, and yes. I know that few people respond to my posts, but I still feel it's good to get things out in one form or another. I've found that caricatures usually get the most responses on message boards...people who try to make themselves seem surreal or beyond reproach. I'm still not sure what happens when threads are killed. Does the poster say something that's inarguable?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

all depends on my mood

• Carmel
    Carmel

Rusty pussy cat, consider yourself responded to!

carmel of the sulphoric acid personality type!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

When I start a thread, I try to answer, acknowledge and show appreciation for each and every poster who posts on my thread. I don't start many threads, because I do want to acknowledge everyone and that takes time and good care. I try to read the comments on other threads, unless the thread is too long, a post is very, very long (unless it is someone I enjoy reading).
    I comment on all kinds of subjects. I tend to comment when I think posts are unfair minorities or the poor or defenseless. I will comment on ideas and concepts that are mythical, but accepted as fact, about both genders.

I am a nice person who is assertive. Gumby once told me he respects me because I am not afraid to post how I sincerely feel. I guess I am not interested in being popular, to the point that I will water down everything, afraid to state how I really feel. I don't give up on posters or write them off, even when we clash on certain issues.

I do get feedback of all types to my posts.
  • dh
    dh

Do you bother reading people's posts when you start a topic, and acknowledge their response? Occasionally, but as a rule I read the title and the first post, and then reply... Sometimes I read the rest of it, depending on how long the topic is.

Do you read all the posts on a thread when you post to see if someone has added more details, or already posted what you would have said? Or just respond to the original post and ignore the rest? I usually post first, look later, and if someone has already said what I said I might make an edit, but I would probably just leave it there.

Are you an old thread reviver, bringing 3 year old threads back to the top? No

Do you feel it is very important to type a response to a troll that made one post three days ago and hasn't said anything since? No

Do you find that you get very little feedback to your posts, or that you are generally a thread killer? I don't know, I don't often return to the threads I post on as my posts do not have much substance!

• professor
    professor
    Are you an old thread reviver, bringing 3 year old threads back to the top?

Just because you said that, I'm going to make a point to revive this thread 3 years from now. You just watch, I'll do it. (um..unless the New System is here by then. That's when Satan and his Demons will be trapped in Cyberspace for 1000 years. That's why Jehovah let Al Gore invent the Internet. Duh!)

• vitty
    vitty

I usually have a good response when I start a topic, I mostly start light hearted ones, it cheers me up and other posters I hope. Id love to be able to start really intelligent ones but feel out of my depth so I leave it to those that can do it much better than me.

I try to respond to other posts, I think its important for ppl to know theyve been acknowleged.

Espacially if they need a bit of love and support !

And I think its great doing a bit of "timetravel" I was reading some of "Amazing`s" posts the other day they were really interesting. I fun to see how posters posted in the early days.!!!!

Oh , and I must be the biggest murdera here cos I kill so many threads.

• JW83
    JW83

I usually feel ignored here & that sux cos out in the real world I am a force to be reckoned with! But I think it's my name - jw83 sounds like a robot ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit