DO YOUR PART TO SUPPORT QUOTES!

by ezekiel3 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Mail this to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society:

This form of protest was designed to let the WTS know there is a worldwide network of people who are aware of their information control policy.

Right-click on the image above and pick "Save Picture As...", save it, print it and mail it to:

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

US: 25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, NY 11201-2483.

UK: The Ridgeway, London NW7 1RN.

Canada: Box 4100, Halton Hills (Georgetown), Ontario L7G 4Y4.

For other checks see: http://www.dannyhaszard.com/checksforWT.htm

For more information see: Watch Tower sues Quotes for $100,000 plus plus plus...

Let them know you know better!

• sf
    sf

This thing is huge. How do I size it? Plus, I don't see this particular one on Dannys site, yet.

sKally

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

You need to use an image program ro resize.

If nothing else, open file with Paint and use File > Page Setup to size the page. Other Image software will have similiar abilities.

On Danny's site the Quotes cheque is the fourth down.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

YES!!!!!!!!!!

Something *I* can do to show my support (and pi$$ off the WTS at the same time!!!!)

This has "made my day" LOL!

hugs,

Happy Annie

• rebel8
    rebel8

bee-uuuu-tee-ful idea Zeke!!!

Mine will go out in Monday's mail. It would be nice if all those sending the checks would mention it here so we could have an idea how many are being sent.

PS- If you have Microsoft Word or Powerpoint, you should be able to use that too. Right click on the check, click "copy. Open the other program, click "paste" button. Click on the image and drag the corners to make it smaller. If you open it in a portrait layout 8.5" sheet, make it slightly smaller than the page to end up with a check approximately the size of a real check.

Idea for letter writing campaign:

As we all know, the WTS Headquarters is in New York City. Why don't we all write letters to the New York Times?? Here is the email address: [email protected] .

• sf
    sf

Thx Rebel! That worked beautifully.

sKally

• rebel8
    rebel8

If anyone wishes to write a letter but doesn't feel like composing it, here is one I wrote. Feel free to change the wording or use it as you wish:
    [email protected]UGH--my letter keeps getting cut off. Subject: Watchtower files suit against webmaster for quoting its literature
    Dear Editor:

The “quotes” web site is a popular, succinct, user-friendly database of select quotes from Watchtower literature. Quotes are organized by topic, to enable the reader to find Watchtower stance on issues over the course of its 100+ years of publishing. The quotes are provided with little or no commentary. The reader is encouraged and allowed to interpret the Watchtower’s own statements for himself. Some of these quotes reveal contradictory and even bizarre statements made by the WTS. Those publications have subsequently gone out of print and are no longer available to the public nor to Jehovah’s Witnesses themselves. As described elsewhere on this site, the WTS claims to be God’s one and only true organization. Jehovah’s Witnesses firmly believe that God is infallible and all-good. Therefore, it stands to reason that revealing errors in past literature would dispel the belief that the WTS is truly led by an infallible God. The stated purpose of the site is as follows: “This research and information web site is devoted to collecting and preserving interesting and/or significant quotes from the publications of the Watch Tower Society, without additional commentary or editorial, for the purpose of scholarship and research. The quotes are accurate and verifiable, however this web site is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by Watch Tower Society.” Also stated at the top of the home page: “Warning: If you feel that reading direct, complete, well-researched quotes from Watch Tower Society publications threatens your spirituality then perhaps you should be on your way .” A link to the official WTS site is provided. Has the “quotes” site violated copyright laws? No. Copyright laws allow fair use of small portions of others’ work for research and critique. The “quotes” site does just that; it provides small quotes from various publications. Source: http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-fairuse.html#howmuch. See also this list of resources on Internet free speech: http://www.factnet.org/Free_Speech.html. The WTS consistently claims it makes no profit on its literature, a curious statement in light of its billion dollar annual profit in the
    and alone. If it makes no profit on its literature, why is it a problem for a non-Jehovah’s Witness to share quotes free of charge? The remaining question is why does the Watchtower Society wish to quash preservation of their literature? To harass those who provide negative information about it? To keep secret the embarrassing flaws in its literature?

• rebel8
    rebel8

UGH this is not working. Try try again:

Subject: Watchtower files suit against webmaster for quoting its literature

Dear Editor:

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (WTS), the governance group of Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide with its headquarters located in

• rebel8
    rebel8

I hate these glitches!

Subject: Watchtower files suit against webmaster for quoting its literature

Dear Editor:

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (WTS), the governance group of Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide with its headquarters located in

• rebel8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit