Watch Tower sues Quotes for $100,000 plus plus plus...

by Quotes 354 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Dear Quotes, I am so sorry you are having to deal with this... AGAIN! I wish I could offer support at a deeper level.

The good news about this is that your site is effective in jabbing the WTBTS where it hurts the most, their literature and their false doctrine and prophesies foolishly published by themselves, brought to light.

With their ranks

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I hope you got the legal representation to fight them!

Best of luck to you!

DY

• sf
    sf
    (c) an order requiring the Defendant to assign the domain name “watchtower.ca” to the Plaintiff Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Canada

(d) an order requiring the Defendant to deliver up, or destroy under oath, within 3 days of the date of the Order, all reproductions of the Plaintiffs’ copyright materials, including the original and all copies of

{slaps knee silly} As if!

Are they going to start suing people who go door to door but don't put in a field service report?

sKally People who go door to door and/or are active in the community exposing WTORG corruption and deception, by pointing out the lies and twisted doctrine, by USING WT MATERIAL, must be jws?? Where is THAT law? And can I too, be sued?

Hahaha!!!

So, according to what I've assessed so far, I must be a publisher and /or baptised a jw in order to study with others, the WTORG literature and how deceptive it really is?

Haha!!

Okay, guess I best give my attorney the heads up on this.

sKally, People Klass

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Rayvin: EXACTLY!! They are known throughout the world for selectively quoting scriptures. If they can do it, why can't this person selectively quote their material? They also selectively quote encyclopedias and other reference books when trying to "prove" a point, although they lie and use such quoting to defend THEIR beliefs. If this isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is. I've never seen such bigger hypocrites in my life. Even the Nazis (and don't anyone jump on me, I hate what they did) didn't forbid cameras, notebooks, and other "recording" devices when the higher-ups met and decided to commit genocide. The WT keeps it damage control meetings strictly "verbal" so there won't be incriminating letters put out that might make their way to the Internet. I hope these sub-human creatures burn in Hell. Nothing would please me more in life, including winning 10 million dollars in the lottery, to see the WT destroyed for good. I hope I live long enough. On 9-11, the terrorists hit the wrong buildings.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wonder if they realize just how STUPID of a move they did by making this a CD-ROM issue.

Here is why:

Several years ago a kid created a program that was able to read data from encrypted DVD's. The DVD industry sued the kid, but in doing so the source code of his application had to be entered into the court record as evidence. The result of this was that the program for copying DVDs became a matter of public record which meant that anyone could use the court documents to compile their own DVD copy program.

If they submit the contents of the CD-ROM into evidence, they will effectively put the entire contents of the CD-ROM into the public forum. From that point on, anyone who uses text from the CD-ROM could defend themselves by saying that they were not quoting from the CD-ROM but were in fact quoting from the public court records.

My advice to Quotes… if the WTS does not submit the entire contents of the CD-ROM as evidence, then YOU should. Time to warm up the ol' printer and put it to work!

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

To Ozziepost: Good question. Answer? The rank and file don't know HOW to think. That's why they are the rank and file. "Show me a JW with a mind of his own, and I'll show you an ex-JW."

• jgnat
    jgnat

There's a fine line between non-profit and for-profit businesses. Even volunteers may have rights as "employees" if they turn in time like employees, report on sales like employees, and so on. A judge may rule, "Even though they are volunteers, they behave in every other way like an employee. Therefore labour laws apply." You can see where this might go with the WTBTS. Sister BarelyWalk slips on a sidewalk, breaks her hip....

Similarly the WTS literature, though technically purchased through voluntary payment, may be deemed by a Judge to be "purchased". If so, I an enterprising bureaucrat may inquire about WTBTS profits and ask them to submit a rather hefty tax bill. Something to think about.

• Will Power
    Will Power

It is my experience that the average JW thinks and acts EXACTLY like their mother.
    I have the same problem at my house with WT literature
    ITS EMBARASSING !!!

HA

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Sister BarelyWalk slips on a sidewalk, breaks her hip....

Yeah, if I only knew in 1987 what I know now. Not my hip, but my knee.

W

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The word "Watchtower" is not the sole property of the WTBTS. See, for instance, the software WatchTower 2.4:

http://www.rednova.com/news/technology/145221/cittio_launches

Meanwhile the use of the words "Watchtower" and "Jehovah's Witnesses" in the meta tags is not to indicate an official affiliation with the WTBTS but to describe the topic of the site. If the WTBTS has trademarked all the words used to refer to the religious sect (i.e. "Jehovah's Witnesses", "Watchtower", etc.), how else could a website that is about JWs possibly refer to them? Neither is there any mention of the disclaimer on the site (inserted to comply with earlier WTBTS requests):

Pay Attention!

This research and information web site is devoted to collecting and preserving interesting and/or significant quotes from the publications of the Watch Tower Society, without additional commentary or editorial, for the purpose of scholarship and research. The quotes are accurate and verifiable, however this web site is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by Watch Tower Society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit