Watch Tower sues Quotes for $100,000 plus plus plus...

by Quotes 354 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

btw...if i have further thoughts I will share them privately through pm...I think the good suggestion was made that it would be wise not to reveal strategy.

Axelspeed

• avishai
    avishai
    27. The Defendant’s web site also employs hidden words or metatags in the web pages, in order to misdirect Internet users who are looking for the Plaintiffs’ official website to the Defendant’s website. The metatags used by the Defendant include “Jehovah’s Witnesses,” “Jehovah,” “Witness,” “Watchtower,” “ ,” “International Bible Students” (the former name of Jehovah’s Witnesses) and “Official” The only reason for the Defendant to use the word “official” in its metatags is to create confusion among Internet users.

What, like they have a copyright on god's name now? And the word witness? It's like copyrighting "Disciples of christ!!""

Talk about Hubris!! I'ts like when they DF someone now and say "So and so is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses"

Well, I think someone should sue THEM for slander the next time they do that. According to the dictionary, that merely means one who witnesses that Jehovah exists, etc., sooo... Who the hell are they to say?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    10. Today, The Watchtower is the primary Bible study aid for members of the faith, is published bi-weekly, and currently has an average printing of 26.4 million copies. For each of the last 10 years the annual circulation in of the English edition of The Watchtower has been in excess of 8,000,000 copies.

11. Awake! has been published continuously by Watch Tower of Pennsylvania since 1946, is a general-interest religious magazine, and has an average printing of 22.8 million copies. For each of the last 10 years the annual circulation in of the English edition of Awake! has been in excess of 7,000,000 copies.

LMAO!!!

They just can't help themselves! They just HAVE to Advertise! Advertise! Advertise! Even in court documents.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The WT modus operandi is to make the legal proceedings BEFORE trial so exhausting, the other side gives up before it ever goes to trial. Expect lots of delay tactics, briefs, etc. etc. This suit will never go to trial. They will try and bankrupt Quotes first.

The thing to do is get a sharp lawyer to take this on pro bono. On the side of truth and integrity.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    19. The CD-ROMs are intended for personal use and study by Jehovah’s Witnesses. They include a License Agreement that each user must agree to before being able to use the CD-ROMs. 20. The License Agreement states that each CD-ROM is for the personal use of Jehovah’s Witnesses only, and prohibits inter alia any reproduction of the CD-ROM, any posting of the contents of the CD-ROM on the Internet, or any dissemination of large sections of the CD-ROM to anyone who has not agreed to be bound by the terms of the License Agreement. 21. The content of the CD-ROMs is not readily available to the general public. Some of the content is intended only for Jehovah’s Witnesses, and the introductory letter that precedes the License Agreement in the CD-ROMs restricts their use to Jehovah’s Witnesses. The Plaintiffs have protected the confidentiality of the CD-ROMs by requiring each user to agree, prior to use, to the terms of a License Agreement, which restricts use of the CD-ROMs and their software to Jehovah’s Witnesses, Accordingly, the CD-ROMs constitute confidential information. 22. Since 1997, Watch Tower of Pennsylvania has operated a website at http://www.watchtower.org. This is the official web site of Jehovah’s Witness. The website reproduces Bible-based tracts, brochures, and articles from several issues of The Watchtower and Awake periodicals. 23. The website at http://www.watchtower.org is accessed by millions of Internet users each year, including thousands who are located in . Accordingly, the domain name “watchtower.org” has become well-known

What a crock of doo-doo.

• DannyHaszard
  • ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

True JGNAT,

My dad wanted to fight for custody of my younger brother. My dad todl the lawyer he wanted to fight for custody.

But the Society lawyer (yes, actually a Society lawyer) said, "You do huh?"

My dad said, "Yes."

The WT lawyer said, "Well, how much money do you have? Because we'll carry on as long as it takes."

And so it happened. My dad and mom drained their complete life savings fighting each other in court.

-ithinkisee

• Scully
    Scully
    10. Today, The Watchtower is the primary Bible study aid for members of the faith, is published bi-weekly, and currently has an average printing of 26.4 million copies. For each of the last 10 years the annual circulation in of the English edition of The Watchtower has been in excess of 8,000,000 copies.

11. Awake! has been published continuously by Watch Tower of Pennsylvania since 1946, is a general-interest religious magazine, and has an average printing of 22.8 million copies. For each of the last 10 years the annual circulation in of the English edition of Awake! has been in excess of 7,000,000 copies.

LMAO!!!

They just can't help themselves! They just HAVE to Advertise! Advertise! Advertise! Even in court documents.

And not only that, they have the BALLS to sue someone who is doing exactly what they expect every JW to do!

What's next?? Are they going to start suing people who go door to door but don't put in a field service report? "We're suing you because you've screwed up our statistics!"

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    What's next?? Are they going to start suing people who go door to door but don't put in a field service report? "We're suing you because you've screwed up our statistics!"

I'm surprised they haven't tried it yet. I hope you're not giving them ideas, Scully.

W

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed
    Are they going to start suing people who go door to door but don't put in a field service report?

...or sister elderly pioneer doing street work who is trying to get rid of...I mean place some of those stacked up in the closet, 2 year old, moldy, old light issues.

Axelspeed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit