Diet Suggestions

by I quit! 21 Replies latest jw friends

• xjwms
    xjwms

Number 1. Drink as much water as you can. Since I found out that the only way a body can lose fat, is through your urine. I drink a lot of water.

Number 2. No more dairy. none.

Number 3. Try green grapes for one whole day. Eat as much as you can, for one day. Kinda a jump start.

Number 4. Foods with a lot of water in them. Raw veggies, and fruit.

I walk every day 20 to 60 minutes, I have lost 40 lbs since January of this year.

It has gotten harder to lose weight since I have gotten older. Lose it and keep it off while you are young.

• Mary
    Mary

I would highly recommend The Meditteranean Diet.........an excellent book that allows for good eating----but PROPER good eating.......if you find you don't like that, I'd recommend Weight Watchers..............

• ballistic
    ballistic

Isn't it funny the way everyone has slightly differing suggestions? I guess different things work for different people. I still say my way was the "common sense" approach.

I must just say to xjwms, although drinking plenty of water is a good idea, you definately do not loose fat through urine! LOL

If you want a technical explanation of what happens to fat when you burn it - here it is:

Weight is lost through the break down of triglycerides in the adipocytes into fatty acid, which are in turn broken down through a complex biochemical pathway, called Fatty Acid Oxidation, to produce acetyl CoA (a common fatty acid like oleic acid, 18 carbons long, could be used to acetylate 9 molecules of Coenzyme A). Acetyl CoA is shunted into the Krebs cycle (TCA cycle) in the mitochondria where it is used to generate energy, releasing carbon dioxide (two molecules of CO2 per molecule of acetyl CoA). So the end product of fat catabolism is CO2 , which is exhaled from the lungs during exercise.

• Es
    Es

Im with love11 on this one dont diet just change your lifestyle.

I have started drinking up to 3 litres of water a day, now i dont want to drink anything else, i have cut out late night snacks and most junk food. Not all together i still give myself a treat. I have been doing this for 2 weeks and people have started noticing the difference. I also started swimming.

Just limit the amount of junk that you eat. That with exercise will def get the weight off

good luck

es

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Fish and vegatables - no sour cream or butter if you have a baked potato - no french fries and a light dressing on your salad - a red wine vinagarette at most - sunflower seeds permitted on the salad. Drink loads of water to fill you up so you dont feel like eating anyway. Lots of fresh fruit- all worked for me. Treat yourself to a nice Californian Cab or Merlot at weekend- a diet does not feel like a diet if you enjoy yourself - definitely no potato or corn chips with or without dip

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

The best thing over all is to change your eating and excercise for a healthy life. Try not to focus on the weight so much as you do on how good you feel.

But with anything else, you have to stick to the good habits...thats why, for me, anyway "diets" never work. I have found when I stick to just moderate eating and get even a moderate amount of excercise I feel better, and soon I lose some weight.

Anyway....I just recently have been getting back to more of a moderate eating habits. I need to work on the excercise...if you want a "buddy" pm me and I will send you my email address.

Here are a few good sites that may help you:

www.mealsmatter.org

www.caloriescount.com

• glenwoodswoman
    glenwoodswoman

Weigt watchers is the only thing that works for me....I think its becasue it makes me analyze what I actually eat and makes me aware of good vs bad choices I make. I just went back and have lost 10 pounds in 5 weeks.

The best part however is how amazingly good I feel....I dont eat white anything , I think thats my problem....I am addicted to carbs (bad carbs) and when I eat them they try to kill me.

Good luck

Glenny

• I quit!
    I quit!

Thank you for all the suggestions. I'm going save this thread for future reference. I plan on checking out all the links you gave me in the next day or two. My plan right now is to lean toward the low carb diet at first as I know it works and will get me off the sugar. Then I think I will work into more of a Mediterranean diet. I have a book on this by Kevin Vigilante and Mry Flynn called Low Fat Lies High Fat Frauds. The fast food is right out. I think that is overall my problem. People know that eat fast food every day are usually heavy and the people I know who don't are usually thinner. The beer is out (at least for now) and oatmeal is in. I agree that you can't stay on diets for every. A lifestlye change is needed to keep the weight off.

One other thing I've notice is that when you eat out the portions are much larger than they used to be so I'm making it a rule not to eat everything on my plate when dining out.

I think I'm off to a good start.

Thanks again.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Sounds like you have some good plans! One thing about eating out...Just order a chicken breast, steak or some kind of broiled meat and a nice big salad. Don't order an entire meal, even if it is cheaper to do so. You'll feel much better and not be tempted since it won't be on your plate.

I find a low-carb yogurt sprinkled w. some dry cereal, like Grape nuts, is all I need for breakfast. it is surprising how many carbs yogurts have, so read the labels closely.

Just a few of my personal tips...

AJ

• free2beme
    free2beme

Exercise at least 20 minutes a day doing something you enjoy, walking in the neighborhood, etc. Also, eat smaller meals and more of them and never anything after 6PM, except water.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit