hugs,

Annie

• rebel8
    rebel8

woo-hoo

win some $ on the slot machines

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for the birthday greetings!!

I did have my laptop at the hotel but the DSL line to our room was defective, so I didn't see this until now..................and I am home again.

It was great. We went to a show on my birthday to see The Platters, The Coasters and The Drifters. On the way inside the showroom, Dave told the maitre d' that it was my 60th birthday, so he wrote it down. Part way through the Coaster's act, one of them asked where Marilyn was and asked me to stand up. Then he told everyone it was my 60th birthday, and I had to remain standing while they sang Happy Birthday to me. That was neat. After the song, he said "girl, you look good................what's in the water you drink?" I just laughed.

Then, at the end of the show, he showed one of their CD's and said they normally give it to the youngest person in the audience, but "tonight, we want to give it to Marilyn". After the show, they all autographed it for me.

When we came out of the show, our son and his wife were waiting for us at the bottom of the escalator, and my dil wanted me to ride the roller coaster there with her (Sahara). So we did that. (the men don't like them, but we gals did) It was a very fast roller coaster and it made a 360 degree look twice. I was a bit queasy at the end, but still loved it. It was great!!

Then we took the bus to Fremont Street and saw the light show twice, made many donations in the slots and took a cab back to our hotel. That was a full day, and a very memorable birthday.

No, I didn't win big, but I didn't lose big either. We had a great time, and walked and walked and walked. It was hot too!!!!!!!!!!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Then, at the end of the show, he showed one of their CD's and said they normally give it to the youngest person in the audience, but "tonight, we want to give it to Marilyn". After the show, they all autographed it for me.

WOW!! What a terrific surprise and great birthday! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

I saw the Drifters when we lived in WV in the late 70's, and they were still pretty good despite the number of years that had passed when they were at the top of the charts.

hugs,

Annie

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

We just got back from vacation a couple hours ago so I didn't see this before. Sorry with the belated Happy Birthday, I'm glad to hear you had such a great time! Here's to many many many more happy birthdays to come!

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit