Would you bend over to pick up a penny on the ground? Or maybe a nickel?

by JH 40 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yeah LOL, I learnt hard lessons pretty early on, and only learned to enjoy myself later - shame isn't it.

• JH
    JH
    although it would depend on who was standing behind me and how short my skirt was.

Me thinks I'll get lots of change and dump it on your path, while standing in back of you watching you pick it up.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

you'll get an eyefull - of my sexy plaster cast!

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    It usually ends up in Kevan's birthday jar with all of his daily change. It amounts to $150 - 200 dollars a year Birthday money!

Brenda,
    We use it for the smaller stocking gifts at Christmas. We usually get anywhere from $75 to $100. So it's more than enough for that. We both work in buildings where there's a soda vending machine, so it's usually only pennies and nickels in the jar.

I once worked with a lady who would NEVER pass any coin on the ground without picking it up. I asked her why, she told me that on every coin (in the US) it has the phrase "In God We Trust" written on it. She said that everytime she sees a coin on the ground, then she has to pick it up because she would never pass up an opportunity to show her trust in God. I don't know that I believe that, but I can say, I usually pick up any coin on the ground.

Country

• lola28
    lola28

Sure, why not? A penny is a penny and after I get a hundred pennies I'll have a whole dollar bill and then the possibilities are endless......imagine all the things one could do with a dollar.

lola

• Es
    Es

This is how paranoid I am when i see money on the ground I dont pick it up coz im scarred someone is watching me, testing me to see whether i will pick it up or not. Stupid hey.

es

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Find a penny,pick it up,and all the day you`ll have good luck!"..Never turn down a lucky penny.. I have found a $50.00 bill..That`s alot of penny`s!..I felt very lucky!.....OUTLAW

• hubert
    hubert
    imagine all the things one could do with a dollar.

Yeah, even buy one/fourth of a gallon of gas.

Hubert

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

Or all the places you could put a one dollar bill!!!!!

• nowisee
    nowisee

this is an amusing thread....

of course, i always pick up coins when i see them. it is even a subject of contemplation for me....i have often wondered just how much $ is laying on the ground of the earth at any given time....

anyway, some of my friends look at me crosseyed when i do this... i don't care. i have picked up mostly pennies, but on at least 2-3 occasions $5 bills. a couple of years ago i started to throw everything found into a bowl and now have around $14.

after watching the wayne dyer special on pbs on "the power of intention" i have now added a mantra every time i pick up even a penny: "thank you, Lord, for this symbol of abundance which constantly flows into my life."

it is a good, positive affirmation, and acknowledges the Provider of all things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit