Would you bend over to pick up a penny on the ground? Or maybe a nickel?

by JH 40 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

One time I found 20 bucks in a shady parking lot. I picked it up!!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

My buddies and I used to sit on a bench in the mall and roll pennies down the hall. We'd watch to see how long it would take for someone to pick them up and then laugh. It never took long and it was usually people 60+.

I only pick up quarters and up, but if I find anything else, I show my kids and let them pick it up. Yesterday my little guy found a dime.

Kwin

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I scooped up a five last night at the fair, and someone threw a $1.50 in my pitcher of beer!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    I only pick up quarters and up, but if I find anything else, I show my kids and let them pick it up. Yesterday my little guy found a dime.

At work, we super glued a quarter to the floor. We like to watch and see how many people try to get it... its hysterical!!!!!!!!

• ballistic
    ballistic
    and someone threw a $1.50 in my pitcher of beer!

what for? It wasn't when you got your boobies out was it?

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

20p or less, unlikely. 50p or £1, yes I would pick up. As for 1p 2p coins - I've been known to throw them in the bin when tidying the house.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Okay... I'll tell this one...

When I worked in Austin, TX - my daughter went with me for a day. Long drive - since I lived in San Antonio - about 70 miles away... but for some reason, she wanted to go with me. (probably had to bribe her and take her to some sort of shop afterwards...)

Anyway, as usual, she got bored towards the end of the day, and asked me for a nickel. I gave it to her.

Later, she asked to borrow some Super-Glue. Not thinking, I gave it to her.

Later - leaving the building, walking to my car - with her lagging behind - watching...

I see a nickel on the pavement. I bend over to pick it up... only - IT'S SUPER-GLUED to the sidewalk!!!

She is laughing her head off at me!!! hahahahahahaha

I mumble "I'll show you..." and kick it sideways. It breaks free, and I pick up the nickel that I had loaned to her earlier in the day. hahahahaha

She got me on that one.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

I pick up pennies..nickels.. anything. I collect all change and put it in my girls piggy banks. Hey, it all adds up!!

• Undecided
    Undecided

I pick them up all the time, after all when I get to a million I will have 10 thousand dollars.

Ken P.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I don;t bend over for less than fifty, although it would depend on who was standing behind me and how short my skirt was. Alas at the moment I can't bend over without risking a major catastrophe - standing is tricky enough.

When I showed my mother she said I had "benefited from the proceeds of gambling" and made me put it all in the contribution box.

so its okay for the organization to profit from gambling then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit